the new layout

Tools    

Haven't been to the site in a while, and I love the new design and layout. Go with this one, guys. Good job.

Gracias. Ironically, the person who designed it doesn't really hang out here...certainly wasn't me that created this fabulous layout. Anyway, I konw this sounds blunt and rude, but could you perhaps change the color of your text? It's impossible to read. In fact, that reminds me: I think I should probably remove some of the color options there so that only legible colors are allowed...although part of me wants to get rid of the size and color boxes altogether to maintain 100% legibility.

I've been irritated as whoa by various colored text.
You might keep an alternate color, like blue so people can use it in some cases if the need it, but I think the destruction of colors would be nice. By the way TWT, I am definitely getting used the layout and I find it a-ok! 100%, Charly!

Glad you like it, Sultan...I was worried that you might freak over it, based on some of your comments on the old forum. As for the colors: I do want to leave *some* there, simply because I think they can look nice when highlighting some words, and, above all, in signatures (Spud's is a good example). I'll be ditching the lighter-colored ones, though.

I like the colored text option. Obviously the "[color=sky blue]sky blue[/color]" used in the first post of this thread is very hard to read - as are many colors if the text isn't set in boldface type as well - but in general, it's a nice little option to have.

As you see, [color=sky blue]regular type[/color] that is colored vs. [color=sky blue]boldface type[/color] that is colored makes a huge difference. Even the lighter colors are much easier to read when bold.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, I understand...but I definintely don't want to have to worry about some of those colors in signatures and such. It could look really weird. I dunno, perhaps I'll ponder this a bit more. Quite frankly, I'm going to discourage anyone from making all their posts one whole color...the color tags are for signatures and drawing attention to specific words, etc.