What ever happened to PLite?

Tools    

Seriously, this site is way less funny without PLite. SO, whatr's the deal?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here's a suggestion...why don't you go find where he's at and talk to him there. This place is still the same. To think that an entire site will completly change it's mood due to one person leaving is crazy. BTW, why didn't you post this in the Intermission. This isn't exactly movie related.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Pah-Leese Sultan...

You guys are pathetic. (sades/spd)

If you email me I'll tell ya Sultan.

This thread is in the wrong place. I'm moving it. Sultan: please don't post things like that here...it's not at all related to General Movie Discussions. Anyway, I'm amazed that you don't know...it's been all over the site.

Now With Moveable Parts
Really? Thanks sunfrog. I know he's your friend and all...but you don't find this a wee bit inappropriate? C'mon...we talk about this subject enough, without devoting a whole thread to it. A Holden quote:

-As you were-

Agreed. This is completely out of hand. Let's not feed anyone's sense of self-importance by acting as if they were the heart and soul of this community. Aside from that, I get really bugged when someone posts something in the General Forum just because that forum gets the most attention. Nothing personal, just one of those things that really irks me.

I don't think inapproprate is the right word. Redundant I think. What's inapproprate is you guys insulting PLite every chance you get. Instead of suggesting Sultan should leave you could have just pointed him to a relevant Url. Or do you own this site now Spd?

I feel sorry for TW. I don't wanna post here anymore because I don't wanna be friends with you two. Believe me pathetic is the nicest thing I feel like saying.

Here's my address [email protected] I'll be happy to CC everybody that wants to fight. I'm really pissed.

Alright, I'm going to say this ONCE: I do not wield much of the power I have here...I really don't. I have been insulted in some of the worst ways possible, while all the time leaving such threads open. Sun, I realize that you're mad, but that's out of line...ditto for some of the others. If one more such insult is thrown, this thread will be locked, and possibly deleted. I'm sorry that I have to threaten censorship...but there IS a limit here.

If you have any things you'd like to say that are not suitable for this public forum, please email them to either myself, or anyone else on the forums you'd like to talk to...keep it off the boards when possible.

Thank you.
[Edited by TWTCommish on 10-31-2001]

Originally posted by sunfrog
Instead of suggesting Sultan should leave you could have just pointed him to a relevant Url. Or do you own this site now Spd?
Sun, it's as simple as I don't know where he's at, I could care less where he's at. As long as he's having as much fun as he had here I have no need to know where he's at. I ain't his momma.

Now With Moveable Parts
What does sunfrog even mean by, " ...suggesting Sultan leave." I don't get it. Is he implying that TWT should have asked Sultan to leave for bringing up PLite? What's the deal-yo<<<<<(I never say that, I kinda like it.).

Sun, I never suggested anyone to leave, I don't even know where you got that from. All I said was, find where he's at and talk to him there, which I guess translates into why dont you get the hell out of here.

So before you go barking up trees that don't need any barking why don't you read things completly through. I have nothing against PLite, the only thing I had against him was that his constant flirting/big headedness was starting to get annoying. True, he has knowledge on movies, but he only used it from time to time. I'm not mad on this subject, because there's nothing to be mad over. If you guys are gonna throw a fit over some of the stupidest crap out there, go ahead. I ain't wasting anymore time on it.

[Edited by spdrcr on 10-31-2001]

Now With Moveable Parts
* taken aback* Simma down? I'm not even luke warm spud. I just don't fancy the fact that still more people are leaving because of this thing. First Toose, then sun...it's not right. Spud....that kinda hurt.

Ok, I fixed it. I just know how you get when you're arguing...I kinda thought that maybe this wouldn't be a good time for that. Sorry...

It's sad that people are leaving, but they are leaving for childish reasons and they just need to come to the fact that PLite is the reason that this subject got brought up again. He came back, and low and behold...was posting about his cuteness/other's cuteness. So I would like to think that since he's a little older now that he can get over this and act his age for once.

You know I find it incredulous that you guys think you're so saintly. Do you read the things you guys say?

Originally posted by spdrcr
Here's a suggestion...why don't you go find where he's at and talk to him there.
How is that not rude? Can you tell me that is being helpfull? An Url would be helpful not an insult.

This is how this started up. Firs TW said
Originally posted by TWTCommish
Quit doin' your respective PLite impersonations.
PLite replied
Originally posted by PigsnieLite
You are so Cute TWT! I could pinch your bottom! Hahaha!

PLite
Mr Misellaneous
Then TW said
Sorry, if you want to post in this thread, it should be about complaints. So, if you want to post about me in this thread, you'll have to say something insulting.
See the smiley face? They're foolin around.
Then Spd said

Why is it that when you think someone comes up to you to say something intelligent it all comes out as something stupid. Take the post a couple up there, I don't think I have to say his name, but he thinks he's cute. You think something clever is gonna come out of his mind, but instead he remarks on the cuteness of TWT. What happened. That's something that makes me mad. Someone that looks intelligent, then they say something and all hope is lost.
That's insult #2 by Spd. Then someone says PLite came back talking cute about himself and you take it from there, insulting at will. I quoted all this stuff because it's clear to me you don't read, and so you won't be able to deny it. There is the proof Spd. Are you still so saintly? As for me saying pathetic, the quote above has Spd calling PLite stupid TW, you should lock that thread too.

Double standards. How is flirting spilling all over MoFo even into unrelated threads different than joking around spilling over into other threads? How is PLite self-centered while flirt with me, I'm a nympho stuff is not? How is our admiration of PLite different than your admiration of Sades? And how is TW defending his good name on MoVa different than me defending PLite's good name here?

There is no difference. There is no double standard, we are the same. You are us. This is a case of the kettle calling the pot black. What makes me mad are the insults and the hollier than thou attitude.

(I'm not leaving cuz of TW, I was just caught between two friends. They worked it out or whatever, agreed to disagree, whatever. Then I was mad at Thmilin, but we're cool now. I'm leaving cuz of Sades and Spd. The rest of the MoFos are cool, I have no problems with them. I'm not happy here if every other post pisses me off. It's not fun to come to MoFo cuz I get mad almost everyday.)

Frogman, I have never claimed to be saintly...HOWEVER, it is crucial that you guys realize that, yes, we are the same here. That's the problem, Sun: a lot of people won't admit that PLite is starting crap, too. Mostly over there, at MV...not as much over here, thankfully.

Oh, and BTW: I've talked to some of the members here PERSONALLY about goofing and flirting...so it's not as if I'm letting it go on with everyone else BUT PLite...I'm against it all over, however, if someone does not have a history, I am not going to jump *all* over them when they do it for the first time.

The double standard, Sun, lies in the fact that El Cootie says PLite was not out of line, but somehow I was. That's a double standard. PLite himself holds a similar double standard, seeing as how he does the very same things he was so HORRIBLY offended by when others did them to him. Yes, both sides have thrown insults...but THAT side is the one claiming innocence, for the most part. THAT is my gripe, Sun. If you admit that PLite is just as guilty of insults and rudeness as I, then I am completely satisfied with your stance.

Anyway, if several of you say you want this thread closed, I will accomodate you and close it. I do not want to see you go, Sun...I want you to stay, as do others, I'm sure. I don't want to talk about PLite at *all* anymore...and it had ended for a short while, until PLite came back and started it up again! If he leaves us alone, we'll leave him alone. If PLite really wanted this to be over, it *would* be over...make no mistake of that. I'm DYING to move on...but some others just don't seem willing to let their side of things go...they want to keep talking about it and insulting me, or Miriam, or the site.

To end it, we need something mutual here. Everyone needs to stop...either that, or I'll have to turn into a tyrant and start deleting things about it...which no one wants...least of all me.

Wow! Looks like I broke some camels back!
Terribly sorry for whatever the hell it is I did, I didn't even read half of these posts and I think it's better that way. I will forget this happened. As for posting this in gen. movie discussion. Sorry
I have that page in my favorites and rarely go to the other sections so I never even thought of it. Eek!

Now With Moveable Parts

(I'm not leaving cuz of TW, I was just caught between two friends. They worked it out or whatever, agreed to disagree, whatever. Then I was mad at Thmilin, but we're cool now. I'm leaving cuz of Sades and Spd. The rest of the MoFos are cool, I have no problems with them. I'm not happy here if every other post pisses me off. It's not fun to come to MoFo cuz I get mad almost everyday.) [/b]
One of the reasons you're leaving is me? I didn't see you quoting me or anything. Sounds like you're mad because no one gets on me for flirting or whatever. Which isn't true. People HAVE got on me and spud for flirting. Guess what though? I know how to listen to advise from people I respect, and I follow it. Thmmie and T, suggested to me that perhaps my flirting has gotten a wee bit out of hand. So I'm cutting back a bit. No hard feelings. Can you say the same for PLite? Can you say that when members got on him to knock off whatever it was he was asked to stop doing, that he respected those wishes? Or disrespected those wishes? Guess that's why you claim people "admire" me. It's easy to admire people who are agreeable. I'm usually pretty agreeable, unless someone is attacking my character, like Toose. Anyhoo...leaving because of me is your choice. An ignorant choice, but a choice all the same.I've been trying to get everyone to ignore this PLite related business, but it's difficult to do when your own name gets brought into it.*throws hands in the air* What a mess!

Now With Moveable Parts
Wait! I have something to say. I just re-read a lot of the threads dedicated to talking about PLite. None of the threads were started BY PLite. I find that interesting. Spud started the one doing the congrats to PLite for 1000th post.Thmmie started the POLL. and Kyra or one of those chicks, started the how cute is PLite thread. I was reading them, and I don't think PLite did anything out of line. In fact, I sorta feel sorry for the guy. How would you react if some girls made a thread about how cute you were and YOU were only 15? I don't know. I think my issues weren't with PLite at all...but with those three girls; and I wrote Kyra a letter, so those issues were resolved outside this forum. I can see how people are frustrated with these issues. I'm just gonna stay out of it from now on, unless someone specifically askes me a question or refers to me. Otherwise, I have no ill feelings towards PLite or his friends/supporters. And my apologies to any of you I have angered or offended.

...and it had ended for a short while, until PLite came back and started it up again! If he leaves us alone, we'll leave him alone.
Okay, I'll try again

This is how this started up. Firs TW said
Quit doin' your respective PLite impersonations.
PLite replied
Originally posted by PigsnieLite
You are so Cute TWT! I could pinch your bottom! Hahaha!

PLite
Mr Misellaneous
Okay, TW you say "doin a PLite" is not meant in a negative way. So you didn't start it PLite did. What is inflamatory about PLite's reply? And if it made you mad why did you answer with a cute reply of your own that ended in a smiley face? Later someone(Spd, see quote below) says PLite brought it upon himself so it's ok to insult him. Show me PLite starting something.

Things got back to normal...somewhat, and then BAM, he's back. What does he post on? The very thing he left over. So he brought on that himself.