Who Wants to Write Wreviews?

Tools    

Hehe, bad joke, I know. Sorry.

Anyway, I need a few people to write some reviews of some semi-recent movies so that the new site doesn't open completely void of content. I've contacted a few of you via email, but a few haven't responded. Anyway, if you consider yourself to be a bit of a wordsmith, and have an opinion on some flick (say, anything in the last 4-5 months, even...or something new, too. All is cool)...even a classic flick (classic movie reviews are good), please either post your email address here, or contact me: [email protected].

A link to any site (assuming it is not highly offensive) you run will, obviously, be included at the end of your review, if you wish. You will, technically, retain the rights to your review, but I'd rather that each of you submit only exclusive reviews...don't wanna be posting a bunch of syndicated stuff if I can help it.

Mucho Gracias...

Female assassin extraordinaire.
well duh now, you know i'm good for it. sheesh. do i actually have to post my e-mail, though? you can just e-mail through this thingamajigger, if you don't have me in your addy book ALREADY (hint, hint)

Yeah, you're a given, no need to post it. I was expecting the others to, mostly...namely those who I haven't emailed with before, because some people don't signup under their primary email addresses. I shall contact you shortly, then, madam.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Well I sent ya an email, I would be more than happy to write a review for a movie already out, but I wanna review dvds more than films.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
I would be interested in writing a few...did you e mail me?

I honestly don't know if I did or not. I'll do so now, though! I mostly emailed those who had some ridiculous attention to detail, like Holden, for example...simply because it's easier to edit things that people like that write. Hehe.

Now With Moveable Parts
ah...I see.I just got your e mail...so I thank you...

Rock God
oh, thanks so much for considering me. boo hoo. no, i'm just kidding. seriously, though, what qualifications do you need? what are you looking for? i write all the time, but i'm probably not gonna get chosen because i don't post as much as some people. i dunno, i'm just curious.

Me no care about posting that much...just looking for people who can write reviews exclusively for MoFo, have a solid command of the English language, and are just all-around good writers. I must warn you -- I'm damn picky!

Rock God
ouch. well, anyway, you sound pretty damn choosy. what movies do you want reviewed? *please elect me to do a kevin smith film* any ideas?

Rock God
alright! do we get paid? ha, ha... just kidding. seriously, though, i dream of getting paid to write.

I honestly do hope to compensate the contributors here at some point. It may consist of DVDs and videos and t-shirts and such, but actual payment (even if it's not a large sum) is a possibility...of course, that's basically 100% contingent on how well this site does, as well as my current living situation. As it stands now, I'm trying to piece together enough month-to-month income to move out on my own.

But, in short: yes, I do hope to compensate you guys for writing at some point, assuming the reviews are well received, the site does well, and all that. And hey, maybe I'll start getting those offers for advanced screenings, in which case I may be able to hand them over to you guys to go watch and write a review on...especially considering very few of those screenings are held in Pgh, but rather, larger markets.

Rock God
oh my dear sweet god! did you just say there's a possiblity of videos, dvds, t-shirts, money and advanced screenings... i thought you'd just laugh when i asked that. holy crap. sign me up! by the way, where's Pgh?

Pittsburgh: Western PA. And yeah, I do think that kinda stuff is a possibility. From what I've learned, even semi-successfuly movie sites get all kinds of promotional stuff thrown their way...and I do actually plan to make a fair amount of money from this site, which is kind of funny, considering it was all hobby at first, with the hope of it one day taking off.

I've still got a giant box full of VHS tapes (slighly used, but in good condition) upstairs, thanks to James Lewis (former MoFo regular)...he made the switch to DVDs and didn't have any use for them! Pretty cool, eh? It was very generous of him...almost overly, ya know? I was reluctant to accept at first. Anyway, hopefully I'll get my crap together enough to organize compensation along with contests and stuff on the boards. LOL, yeah, I figured you might've just meant it was a joke, but I'll do what I can do try to get ya'll at least SOMETHING for your work. I realize that that would make it all the more fun to do.

Sounds cool TWT. I wish I lived in a bigger city, near civilization even would be nice. I would be able to help out much much more.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
Naw...I can run it through a spellchecker. In Sadie's case, I'd settle for spaces in-between sentences.
Thanks Brat! Seriously,if I'm writing something important...I can make sure it's flawless...didn't know we had to be on out toes for posts though...I'll try to be better so you won't have to keep me after class.

It's a funny thing, I rarely ever need a spell checker to run through a document. I'm like a present day rainman. LOL..not really.