500 plus members - How bout more!?

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok, well there is officialy over 500 registered users here at MoFo now. How can we get more!? More that actually come here and post, instead of just looking. I will try recruiting people around my area, and I encourage all of you to do the same.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Very cool...thanks to everyone who's signed up! Anyway, MoFo is already much better than the majority of forums out there when it comes to member participation...most forums that receive the number of posts that we do have more than 500 members...so we're ahead of the curve, at least.

Well it's hard getting people that come here to stay. Some of the ones that do, just are wanting to know the answer to a question about a movie then they leave. Or they are just wanting to share some information, but they don't even come back to follow-up on it. Something that you outta do is like send the person an email(if possible) to say haven't seen you on the forums in a week or so, just wantin to say that we've added a few things since then and would like for you to check it out sometime. Or something to that accord.

Funny you should bring that up, because I do do that from time to time...a week or two ago, actually, as well. vBulletin allows me to email people who haven't posted in a month, or who have less than 5 posts, or both! Quite a powerful script for things that. I'll definitely be emailing *all* forum members when the site goes live.

That's cool. I was wondering if that was possible or not. Cause the ones that come and post one thing and then leave, sometimes the thread they start, or topic they get involved in is very intersting.

Now With Moveable Parts
I want this site to become more popular...but I kind of enjoy our little tight-knit "family" too. It's nice to get on the home page and see all your buddies are on here playin around...ya know. On the other hand...it would be fun to get some new, consistant blood in here. More guys no doubt. I'm gonna try to round up some of my girlie-girls to post. They won't though. My mom used to and she doesn't even get on anymore. None of my chickies watch and love movies as much as me...I guess thmmie and I will just have to be the only ones for now.-oh...I hope patti reads this and keeps on postin'. I like her.