NeoGAF meltdown

Tools    

Not sure if any of you are familiar with the internet's largest gaming site, NeoGAF.

If you didn't know what happened check it out: https://kotaku.com/neogaf-reopens-us...olt-1819790736

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Personally, I don't understand how you can act based on allegations. We weren't there, it happened a few years ago and the most important question is...WHY WAS SHE SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE SAME HOTEL ROOM WITH A GUY WHO IS NOT HER BF AFTER A NIGHT OUT DRINKING??????

I know we don't blame the victims (if what she says really did happen) but I'm tired of people making irresponsible judgement calls and then blaming everyone else when bad things happen.

I don't go snort cocaine and then go sue the hospital that I had a heart attack and they weren't able to fix it fast enough....

It doesn't excuse his actions or lessen the seriousness of what he did (again, if he did that) but how about also not getting sh**tfaced and spending the night in the hotel room with a guy who isn't your BF, maybe that would prevent a lot of problems.

Guy has a bad reputation on that website though so honestly who knows.

/rant

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Do you really require that answered. Your opinion here confirms why the Hollywood rape culture has suddenly and finally burst. Maybe he should have kept his unchecked testosterone on his game forum.

Do you really require that answered. Your opinion here confirms why the Hollywood rape culture has suddenly and finally burst. Maybe he should have kept his unchecked testosterone on his game forum.

I think I'm having a hard time explaining what I mean so let me state what I DON'T mean. I do not mean to say this is her fault or that she brought it upon herself.

But just FYI she slept with him several years later (consensual sex). So I don't know why you'd sleep with someone who you thought made you feel uncomfortable a few years earlier...

I dont know who either of them are so cant comment on that other than to say why do people do anything. One thing is one and another is another. I'm sure you dont mean to blame her but your words show otherwise. It happens. It indicates only the baseline of rape culture thinking and palming off. Would you keep saying the same thing if the accuser was a young male? I know I would not.

I'm not pointing the finger at you, Equi, but the general excuses in society (frequently from women by the way), and why this boil has finally come to a head.

I dont know who either of them are so cant comment on that other than to say why do people do anything. One thing is one and another is another. I'm sure you dont mean to blame her but your words show otherwise. It happens. It indicates only the baseline of rape culture thinking and palming off. Would you keep saying the same thing if the accuser was a young male? I know I would not.

I'm not pointing the finger at you, Equi, but the general excuses in society (frequently from women by the way), and why this boil has finally come to a head.
Yea I hear you, my only point is that in these times where rape culture has been exposed, we must not forget that certain entities will try to benefit from all this chaos.

Women are not infallible. And this fact is being obscured currently by the overwhelming outrage.

The me too movement is nice and all But not everyone is participating in an honest way.

Yea I hear you, my only point is that in these times where rape culture has been exposed, we must not forget that certain entities will try to benefit from all this chaos.

Women are not infallible. And this fact is being obscured currently by the overwhelming outrage.

The me too movement is nice and all But not everyone is participating in an honest way.
I repped you because 1. I respect your opinion and 2. dont wnt an argy with you matey, but other than that which I'd never heard of before your post because I havent heard of that site not being a gamer, everything coming out is now coming out because a lid was lifted finally , not because it is now open for parasites to pray on (which, I agree with you again, they will tke every opportunity). I agree with your sentiment otherwise. It needs to be a loud message that pond dwelling sociopaths , of either gender, cnnot continue getting away with their abhorrent behaviour. She might be a gold digger for all I know and if she is I'll loudly condemn it, but for now, I;m just watching the fall out. Still waiting for the young actors the Corey guy talked about to feel it;s ok to come forward if their NDA periods are up.

It;'s just got to stop across the board. Really terrible that people can behave that way in the workplace.

Nothing of value was lost.

It wouldn't have happened if the site wasn't already dominated by self-flagellating feminists who thought "Listen and Believe" was in any way a rational position to take with regard to sexual allegations, and so their ideology decapitated itself. Nothing new for "social justice".

It made Gamergate's day at least, I'll tell you that.