The 12th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I'm at one right now, but I've located three noms at the library (waiting for notification), I own four and have to find the remaining six somewhere. Any thoughts?

U turn
Joe
Withnail & I
The man from nowhere
Sanshiro Sugata
Midnight Run

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I've only watched two noms. I feel like like I'm falling behind.
oh I KNOW. I've only done two as well. And nevermind trying to comment on a review when there's 3 or 4 each time I've visited lol

I watched one each day from Saturday-Tuesday (I posted two on Sunday but I actually had watched Barbara again the night before). I was off work through Monday and only had half a day Tuesday, so I had a lot of time to kill and no other plans haha.

I don't expect to be keeping up that quick pace. I'll probably only get upwards of 2 done on the weekends from now on. Unless of course hours get cut at work again.

I've got a couple of movies waiting for me at the library and I can watch Withnail on Filmstruck. So I might be able to get a few more in before the weekend. My brother is coming to visit Saturday and I work Sunday so I doubt I'll get much done then.

urgh i dont know why im getting the spaces..there are none when i try to edit
I believe those are line breaks. They're not going to be obvious in the editor, but go to the beginning of each line and hit the back space, then replace it with a regular space. Then it should wrap normally.

I assume they got carried over from some other place, where they were originally written?

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
I'm at one right now, but I've located three noms at the library (waiting for notification), I own four and have to find the remaining six somewhere. Any thoughts?

U turn
Joe
Withnail & I
The man from nowhere
Sanshiro Sugata
Midnight Run
man from nowhere you can stream via netflix

Romper Stomper

Ah, the sweet, gentle, cherub-like Skinheads. With a song in their heart, a skip in their step, these playful waifs dance through life with naught but love, peace and understanding forever in their minds and their adorable, lovable hearts. God bless these fragile children of Zion and their care-free mission to BEAT THE LIVIN F@CK OUTTA ANYONE AND EVERYONE!!
And this isn't your every day, glamorized, stylized violence of any given action movie. There is no fancy moves or choreographed fights. This is street violence. Unrelenting, brutal and harsh.
So are the characters. Though they are not one dimensional by any means. They are raw. Vivid and terrifyingly realistic.
This movie brings the point home that Violence Begets Violence but without preaching or grandstanding. It is achieved by filming the events as they come crashing into existence from the very opening scene to the end credits. Done with a Shakespearean doom.
Also, understand one thing: this is an incredibly well done movie. The violence is not a trope, nor a trick to make up for lacking writing skills. Though at first watch the more deeper realism may be a bit hard to decipher beyond the onslaught this movie brings.

On a side note showing I'm getting old. . . I kept finding myself shaking my head, asking "What is wrong with you kids?!" lol

anyway, great nom, Vicky!

I gotcha. Not so much recently. Movies like Rob Zombie's are ones my roommate watches and the whole torture/slasher flicks really make me cringe nowadays. Enjoyed them as a younger man but for some reason (maybe old age) I just can't sit through them anymore. Which is weird because there are several Korean movies, like Oldboy and the whole Vengeance trilogy, I Saw The Devil, Chaser and others, I absolutely love.

Yea some of those are pretty brutal, especially I Saw the Devil. Romper Stomper is the most beginning to end brutal movie I can remember being nominated in a general HoF. I nominated a couple with tough scenes but nothing as consistent as this one. I can't wait to watch it again.

I don't think I've seen it since it first came out so it WAS pretty cool to see again. I'll be pretty hyped to read your review on it.

Oh, and on a side note, damn f@ckin excellent job on hosting this one! BRAVO

I picked up Barbara, The Man From Nowhere and The Grand Budapest Hotel from the library yesterday. Will try to watch one tonight.

I'm thinking probably Grand Budapest to get it over with.