Winter's Tale (2014) ~ 6/10

I actually liked it.

Go Agead, Make My Day

What About Bob? 1991

7.5/10

Good comedy, a must for Bill Murray fans
I think it's fun to watch it with family

Stranger Than Fiction. B

Really good performances from Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson and a great premise, but the romance is dull and really brings down the film.

Go Agead, Make My Day
Stranger Than Fiction. B

Really good performances from Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson and a great premise, but the romance is dull and really brings down the film.
I love it when actors do something different of what the usually do it always turn out to be good, like what Will Ferrell did here

I actually agree with Nemanja on both those ratings, whilst Days of Heaven is very good I feel that the story telling is a bit muddled as a result of the editing, it's too short in my opinion. Where as Walkabout feels calm, transcendent (for want of a better word) and not in a hurry to show you any climatic story through constant action, but instead the beautiful images.

Solaris (1972)

I thought it was a very good and fascinating film, but it just drags too much for my taste. I felt the same way about The Mirror and Stalker. This director seems to make films that require a lot of thought and patience. I have some patience but I watch movies so that I don't have to think. Gold for some; respect and appreciation from me.

So I record this off the TV, I sit down to watch it; and wouldn't ya know it, this film is a dub! And not just a dub, but a dub with some terrible voice over artists. The story and plot are all there but the voice over really hurts the movie. I think I will like this a lot better if I see it in Chinese with subtitles. I won't even rate it because I want to judge the film as it is intended to be seen.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

The Great Race (1965)

Does anyone else remember the old Saturday morning cartoon "Wacky Races"? This movie is like watching a very funny, live-action version of that cartoon. Jack Lemmon and Peter Falk are Dastardly and Muttley, Tony Curtis is Peter Perfect, and Natalie Wood is Penelope Pitstop. The movie even has some of the crazy vehicles that are similar to the ones in the cartoon.

The movie is not a deep, thought-provoking movie. It's just a fun movie that will have you laughing from start to finish. Jack Lemmon and Peter Falk are hilarious as the inept villains who will do whatever they can to stop the rest of the racers from winning the race. There's a great pie fight scene that is probably the highlight of the movie. It's not Blake Edwards' best movie, but it's definitely worth seeing. If you're in the mood for a fun movie, try "The Great Race". This all-star cast doesn't disappoint.

Signs was a huge influence on me around when it came out, I was obsessed with it, but watching it now it's definitely flawed and I can't blame Gunslinger for not liking it, even if I still like it. I just enjoy that atmosphere and the impending sense of doom.

Funny story, I first saw it in theaters with my dad and one of my sisters. All the talk in the film about the end of the world literally made me puke. I was absolutely terrified of Armageddon at that age. Then, I got it for Christmas, and I watched it and its special features constantly, obsessed about it, and really got into filmmaking, making my own stuff. I owe Shyamalan a lot for that. He was my favorite director at that age.

Oh the atmosphere was spot on, just not so much some of the dialogue.
Some of the dialogue is so cringe-worthy.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I know this will put me at odds with more then a few people who like this movie.

Actually, I think your rating was too high for "Signs". I saw the movie in the theater when it was released, and I thought it was the beginning of M. Night Shyamalan's spiral downward. He started off great with "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable", but he's gone steadily downhill since then.