MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2018 Regular Season

Tools    

One of the best things about opening day in roto is when one guy steals a base and a team jumps like 9 points.
Update: this wasn't in reference to anyone in particular when I posted it, but it just happened to me.

Buckle up these first few days for some standings insanity.

mmmm sure glad I signed up for this so I get to have the feeling of "Maaan I wish I decided to start such and such (today Dylan Bundy) I'm such an idiiiiiot" every single day.

Yeah, roto is absolutely brutal for people like us (I assume you'll agree with this, about yourself) with a penchant for over-analysis. Baseball's super random from game to game, too, so you can make the right move every time, but that might just mean the choice was correct 60% of the time, and over the course of the season it feels like a total crapshoot.

And it doesn't get better! Yay!

Yeah, roto is absolutely brutal for people like us (I assume you'll agree with this, about yourself) with a penchant for over-analysis. Baseball's super random from game to game, too, so you can make the right move every time, but that might just mean the choice was correct 60% of the time, and over the course of the season it feels like a total crapshoot.

And it doesn't get better! Yay!
The yellow note said his velocity was down yellow note said that's concerning I guess, and for some dumb reason I went with it WHY LITTLE YELLOW NOTE WHYYYYY.

And with this fancy new stat tracker I get to feel crushing regret in real time and with more precision!

Mike Trout: 0–6
My season: Effectively over

Mike Trout: 0–6
My season: Effectively over
New rule: if your first-round pick goes hitless on opening day, you have to trade them for any of the pitchers they couldn't get a hit off of.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I might just drop him again. But it made sense to nab him right away and give myself a day to think about it, at least.
Either way, it's a good call to scoop him up. Never know if you hit lightning.

I obviously didn't have to pay a huge price in the draft for him, but I'm kinda banking on Tanaka's second half and strong peripherals from last year presaging a big 2018, and innings like this one sure make me feel better about that:

Oh man, Polanco murdered this ball.

Had to spend a 5th rounder on him last year and it didn't go well; didn't find out until a month into the season that he had a lingering shoulder issue. Got him in the 12th this year. Hopefully I was just a year early on the breakout.

Welp, Nelson Cruz might go on the DL, and Correa just came out of the game early. Just 2nd and 3rd round picks, no big.

Probably not too serious, in either case, but we'll see.

A system of cells interlinked
Just stopping in to post my usual comments about how I hate baseball and that my season is over!

Just stopping in to post my usual comments about how I hate baseball and that my season is over!

I should go dig up that first post after you first started playing Roto where you thought your ERA was kaput after one day. Goodtimes.