MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2018 Signups

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Speak 'Merican if you wanna play 'Merica's pastime.
I am available for both dates!

Oh lets just geterdun' I say we have the draft in 24 hours

Urgency and surprise may motivate and light a fire under the owners arses to take action than if they had a few weeks to prepare.

Heck we can scratch it off as the chaos factor in life, thereby making our fantasy league more authentic than any league out there

Evan Longorias no longer with the Rays....that moment when you realize your franchise is at best going to be "fair to middlin" Theres no genius like Madden, no top tier potential player....they got enamored with some above average players brought in last year, where you actually recognize their name, and committed baseball season seppuku.

24 hour notice draft, lets just get everybodys attention

I can do either date. Definitely down for more dl spots.

Okay, got 10 signed up already with a couple more tentatives interested (Slappy, maybe sean) if nobody new is interested. Gonna give it until early next week to see if anyone throws their hat into the ring, though.

If you're at all interested, let us know! We can even go to 14 teams pretty easily, so there should be room.

Evan Longorias no longer with the Rays....that moment when you realize your franchise is at best going to be "fair to middlin"
The Rays have won between 77–81 games for the last four years. I think they've been "fair to middlin'" for a while now

TENTATIVE: Slappydavis (Some Horrible Pun Maybe?)
Whines Above Replacement
OBPSortunity Cost
Georgism On My Mind
ThWARstein VORPlen
hUBRis before the fall (classic)

Dewey need to go on?

The Rays have won between 77–81 games for the last four years. I think they've been "fair to middlin'" for a while now
As an A's fan, fair to middlin' sounds pretty good right about now...

But our GM was played by Brad Pitt, and you can't ever take that away from us.

Whines Above Replacement
OBPSortunity Cost
Georgism On My Mind
ThWARstein VORPlin
hUBRis before the fall (classic)

Dewey need to go on?

As an A's fan, fair to middlin' sounds pretty good right about now...

But our GM was played by Brad Pitt, and you can't ever take that away from us.
We have Gary Cooper. Always a step on ahead on every level.

So, I think literally everyone has affirmed they can do either date. Generally speaking we all seem to usually want the fantasy season to "start" earlier, even if that just means a longer delay between the draft and the games themselves, so I guess we'll just stick with the earlier one: March 10th, Saturday, at 1:00 PM ET.

That's just a little over two weeks! See you all there.

Oh, also, I'm locking the teams now at 12--11 returning owners from last year!--but can open the registration back up if one or two people show up soon and decide to give it a go. So if you missed this initially and want to play, there might still be time; just let me know.

More posts, because I keep forgetting things until just after I've posted:

1) I'm going to assume nobody minds the third DL slot, since nobody's objection and the only people to comment either way have supported it.

2) I'm going to determine the draft order in advance today, as in years past, so we can all do mock drafts knowing what place we'll be drafting from. Stay tuned!

Draft order determination video!

Draft Order

1. High-Level Arbitrage
  2. Return of the Roids
  3. Mudville Nine
  4. The Naturals
  5. The Empire
  6. Dodgers
  7. Done and Dunn
  8. ThWARstein VORPlen
  9. Freedonia Ducks
  10. Peanuts&Crackerjacks
  11. Hakuna Machado
  12. Clockwork Angels

Draft order determination video!
Appreciate the vid, and the speaking practice from all the false starts where you didn't get the spot you wanted really showed; nice smooth delivery.

Yeah yeahhhhhh.

I did worry about that last year, when I got the first pick. I actually am not at all convinced that the first pick is good (depends on the year), but most people seem to want it anyway.

I'm not sure which slot I'd pick this year if I could, but it would almost certainly be in the 5-9 range.

ThWARstein VORPlen is kinda hard to say. I love pickin early or really late. I see you got my check (I wouldn't try to cash it) and slotted me right where I wanted to be. Thank you!

The bittersweet #1 overall pick. If Tim Salmon and Mike Carp come out of retirement, I could have my pick of fishy outfielders!

Yeah, I forgot to make the "And Mike Trout goes to..." joke.

Oh, also, I think we can technically trade draft slots. We've never discussed this so I think this is a "there's NO RULE that says a dog can't trade draft slots..." situation, if anyone cares to do so.

I think maybe individual picks are possible, but I do think we should draw the line there, personally.