The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

"Holden tried the playful over-the-top-of-the-glasses gaze but, alas, the interviewer didn't appear particularly swayed so the right hand casually slid toward the next button down on the shirt....."

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
"Holden tried the playful over-the-top-of-the-glasses gaze but, alas, the interviewer didn't appear particularly swayed so the right hand casually slid toward the next button down on the shirt....."
why can't we be related =*(
wait. you got any sisters??

You're too in sync, to not be family. Like a brother. Or at least a second cousin or something. Hm. Scratch the sister thing then. Now I feel all creepy.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Bummer! Expected:

Loved Marvin the Martian growing up. In the attic I've got a box full of random Marvin stuff (with a Marvin the Martian design on the outside painted by one of my childhood friends).
So did I. I haven't seen that little guy for years

I still collect Marvin the Martian stuff. This is part of my collection:

I still collect Marvin the Martian stuff. This is part of my collection:

Cool! I'll try to remember to get a picture of my box of stuff later. It is...considerably less than that. But there's some cool stuff in there, and a couple of hand-made things.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Cool! I'll try to remember to get a picture of my box of stuff later. It is...considerably less than that. But there's some cool stuff in there, and a couple of hand-made things.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Marvin the Martian stuff. I love looking at Marvin items that I haven't seen yet. I've found that even small collections sometimes have rare and/or unusual items.

at hill station saputara ( abode of snakes ) in my country India

Was driving to work this morning, noticed a turtle crossing the road on what might as well have been the highway. Pulled over and ran back. It was really narrowly avoiding being run over (a few cars went directly over it). Picked it up, realized it was a snapping turtle. Opened its mouth wide and tried to bite me a few times.

Put it on the floor of the passenger seat (the dog in the back, thankfully, was mostly cool about all this) and brought it in with me. Showed some people, talked about putting it down by the river or in the nearby pond. Noticed it had a hook in its mouth! Someone tried to pull it out but it seemed really stuck. Called around about what to do, did a little research. Thankfully, read that the hooks usually rust a little and then come out. Made the decision to try to snap off the end, at least, but while someone was trying to do that the whole thing came out!

Hope we didn't hurt the poor thing too bad, hard to tell with an animal like this. But there wasn't too much flesh or blood on the hook, and it ran off into the yard (we hope/think it'll find the pond shortly), and it seemed pretty energetic in general, so I think it should be okay.

Forgot to mention: when I came back to get it out of the car, it had stuck its head under the front seat, and every time I tried to pick it up it hissed loudly, dug its claws into the fabric and basically just fought like hell to not be moved. For awhile I was at a total loss and wondered if I was going to end up staying at work late because a turtle refused to get out of my car, but I slide the seat back and prodded it a little and that did the trick.

The thing was pretty darn feisty.

@Yoda, wow, now I see the photo I would never have picked it up. I’m sure the relief of losing the hook from its mouth negated any discomfort you caused it. Sad how there is so much crud around - hooks, trawler nets, garbage in the oceans - that cause suffering to critters. Kudos to you!

To be fair, I just assumed it was a normal box turtle when I stopped and ran back.

Theory here is that someone caught it by mistake and released it, but without bothering to remove the hook (or maybe they tried and failed, or assumed it would be too hard). No idea how it ended up that far from the river, though.

I think it did. The place where it walked off was very close to the pond in question, which is close to a creek. Have to imagine any animal that likes the water is capable of finding it if it's at all nearby. And it was really moving across that street, too, and in the right general direction towards the river.

Well done Yods - you turtle-y rock dude!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well done! Have you always been a good Samaritan or did it come to you later in life?

I guess he's doing okay, because he's still hanging around near the office
Anyway you can get him back to water? Easiest thing would be to get him in a blanket & transport him by the corners of the blanket so it doesn’t bite you. Not that he can’t survive on land, but afraid a car will hit him.

We're thinking about it. The road in that photo is a small driveway with a lot of grass and a pond nearby, so it's not too bad. There's river nearby we might take him to, though. Gonna do some more research to make sure it's where he belongs.