Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This felt like it would have been better as a "Serial" podcast. Obviously parts of the story are missing to address a clear narrative but as a true crime fan I enjoyed it.

Booksmart 97% RT
Superbad 87% RT

If you want the bias of RT is..the curve if you will it's about 10% Superbad was significantly funnier and the character moments felt more real. In Booksmart the conflict between the friends comes out of nowhere and the film has issues with realistic characters.

This was 3 stars then I saw it was made in 2012 and I realized my Library ordered an old TV show...why did I give this an extra star...this really felt anti-trump but it precedes Trump

1st Re-watch...this luminous coming of age story seemed even better the second time around. Saoirse Ronan's contemporary Molly Ringwald earned her a richly deserved Oscar nomination and I still think Laurie Metcalf was robbed of the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her richly layered work as Lady Bird's mother. I found it a lot more interesting than Allison Janney's one-note performance in I Tonya. Greta Gerwig really found her niche in this business behind the camera as the writer and director of this gem.

Can You Ever Forgive Me? 2018

The Signal 2014

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

haven't seen a Stephen King adaptation with CGI this bad since It: Chapter Two
Jeez I thought I was going crazy when my friends didn't say anything about the CGI in It 2 looking bad

Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

Perhaps the most perfectly executed movie I ever watched: not a single wasted second yet no sense of rush, just perfect cinematic harmony. This is what Japanese animation often tries to be but fails 99% of the time. Without a shadow of a doubt, a masterpiece indeed.

Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

Perhaps the most perfectly executed movie I ever watched: not a single wasted second yet no sense of rush, just perfect cinematic harmony. This is what Japanese animation often tries to be but fails 99% of the time. Without a shadow of a doubt, a masterpiece indeed.

I LOVE Kiki's Delivery Service, it's the ultimate feel-good film and one of my favorite Miyazaki's (well all of Miyazaki is my favorite Miyazaki)

Between Two Ferns: The Movie - 2019
+

I didn't knew this would be a Jackie Chan movie where people actually laugh more at the credits. Matthew McConaughey is alright, alright, alright, the acting in the end is fine. Keanu Reeves, hype'est man of the moment is always interesting to see. And that's it, we get a minute, two minutes if we're lucky of what we want to see, the rest is just, an ex-fat funny man going around somewhere trying to find famous people, when he finds them, half I didn't knew who the f*ck they were, all to in the end get his own late night talk show, to reject it.

'Tigers are not afraid' (2018)

Dir.: Issy Lopez

Fans of Guillermo del Toro will no doubt appreciate this, as there is a huge influence shown here. It's a fantasy horror drama set in Mexico, dealing with crime, death, ghosts, loss and hope. We follow a group of kids who have all suffered loss as they try and fight their way through the gangs and cartels. There are some choreographed moments in the final act that are a little too convenient, but the performances of the children are very decent, and there are a couple of violent acts I didn't see coming.

7.6/10

'Tigers are not afraid' (2018)

Dir.: Issy Lopez

Fans of Guillermo del Toro will no doubt appreciate this, as there is a huge influence shown here. It's a fantasy horror drama set in Mexico, dealing with crime, death, ghosts, loss and hope. We follow a group of kids who have all suffered loss as they try and fight their way through the gangs and cartels. There are some choreographed moments in the final act that are a little too convenient, but the performances of the children are very decent, and there are a couple of violent acts I didn't see coming.

7.6/10
I watched this few days ago as well. I thought it was pretty good too (gave it 4/5 so pretty much the same rating as you). It's actually better than most del Toro films so influences were put to good use.

I watched this few days ago as well. I thought it was pretty good too (gave it 4/5 so pretty much the same rating as you). It's actually better than most del Toro films so influences were put to good use.
I thought it drew on alot from The evil's Backbone and a bit from Pan's Labyrinth. The budget was limited and I think it was Lopez' first film, so it is overall a good effort.

What dd you think was the symbolism behind the very last shot? I think it can be read 2 ways.

Nice