Cast for Da Vinici Code

Tools    

What do people think of the cast for ron howards new movie Da vinci Code?
Tom Hanks will play Robert Langdon
Audrey Tautou will play Sophie Neveu
Jean Reno will play Bezu Fache

I am having a nervous breakdance
Jean Reno is dead on, Audrey Tautou is ok I guess, but I don't see Robert Langdon in Tom Hanks at all. I would rather have imagined someone like Jeff Bridges or perhaps James Spader for the part. But Hanks sounds better at the box office I guess....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Jean Reno is dead on, Audrey Tautou is ok I guess, but I don't see Robert Langdon in Tom Hanks at all. I would rather have imagined someone like Jeff Bridges or perhaps James Spader for the part. But Hanks sounds better at the box office I guess....
Tom Hanks playing Robert Langdon is questionable, should have gotten someone else, Jeff Bridges wasnt a bad idea.

Originally Posted by Silas
Damn, David Duchovny would have been a great Langdon... Any word yet on who's going to play Teabing or Silas?

May The Forks be With Us
get Robin Williams to play Robert Langdon.
That was completely out of the blue. I think that some one like Jeff Bridges would be good. How bout Harrison Ford? Not really no. I'm just kinda bored and spitting out names. One person who I just thought of might be Alec Baldwin, but he can't act or hasn't been acting well in his last few movies.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Haven't heard who is to play teabing or silas.One of the twins in matrix reloaded would be my choice for silas just because they are albino's.Anthony Hopkins would be a reasonable choice for Teabing but im guessing he is a bit too old for the part.Delighted they picked Jean Reno for Bezu.Personally i think ron howard couldnt have picked a better actor for that part

Originally Posted by Silas
What do people think of the cast for ron howards new movie Da vinci Code?
Audrey Tautou will play Sophie Neveu
Jean Reno will play Bezu Fache
Jean Reno and Audrey Tauto look the perfect fit, however as many people have said Tom Hanks really doesn't fit at all, but I think he could do it justice. Hanks is an accomplished actor Saving Private Ryan being his most celebrated role, however, he was sublime in The Green Mile. It would be a very challenging role for the ageing actor, which i personally feel he is up to.

Originally Posted by Falch
Hanks is an accomplished actor Saving Private Ryan being his most celebrated role, however, he was sublime in The Green Mile.
Saving Private Ryan is Tommy Hanks' most celebrated role? Really? His back-to-back Oscar wins for Philadelphia and Forrest Gump were what then?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Randomly visiting for now
Robert Langdon would be a tough ask for Hanks, but he could definately pull it off. Although personally I pictured Langdon in my head as somewhat different from Hanks that doesn't mean he wouldn't do a bang up job. I can't really remember him doing a poor performance in a single film, so I don't see why he would be any different in this book adaptation.

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I can't really remember [Tom Hanks] doing a poor performance in a single film, so I don't see why he would be any different in this book adaptation.
Well, the you should "treat" yourself sometime to Bonfire of the Vanities and The Terminal, both of which are pretty embarassing efforts. And although he gives it his best try, he's woefully miscast in Road to Perdition. And THAT is what the fans of the book are worried about, not if he's a good enough actor, but if he's simply been miscast.

I like Hanks a whole hellavu lot, but HE IS NOT properly cast here. He's too old, he's too out of shape, and he's just not Langdon. If I were given the job to cast this flick, I'd be giving it everything I've got to get the massively popular Clive Owen for the role.

Not only is he box office gold right now, but he just seems perfect for the part to me.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I like Hanks a whole hellavu lot, but HE IS NOT properly cast here. He's too old, he's too out of shape, and he's just not Langdon. If I were given the job to cast this flick, I'd be giving it everything I've got to get the massively popular Clive Owen for the role.

Not only is he box office gold right now, but he just seems perfect for the part to me.
Save him for Bond...

I Dont think that Tom Hanks would do a bad job. I just think that they could find someone better, Maybe harrison ford like someone else said, I was thinking Ben affleck but he is too young. Then I thought they should get a new actor, one with great talent. No matter who they pick, I think the movie will do exceptionally well.

I just Pictured Langdon a A tall, fit, strong, handsome man, with a swimmers physique. Not too old. Hanks just doesnt feel right. But I guess thats why they call it hollywood, they can make him strong and use trick photography to make him taller, and give him that proffeser look. It will be one for the box office record books.

Jim Caviezel would be a great actor for the part.

There's treachery afoot!!!
I'm thinking I better read the book first.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by MinionTV
Alfred Molina - Bishop Aringarosa

YAY!!!

Paul Bettany - Silas

YAY!!!

Re: the other photos you linked, I'm really curious about the gels that were cut up and taped together... wonder what that effect is going to be?