Hack me with a Spoon!

Tools    

I DIDNT DO IT! Dont look at me TWT!

I dunno. and sultanBiggyPants says he doesnt even know what Im talkin about. Peraps we are the only 2 in the world who notices. At least the hacker could have left pics of selma hayek all over the place, I wouldnt have minded that much, hahaha. Ops mustnt laugh, TWT prolly very pissed right now.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
what i'm worried about is if the hacker changed settings so that TWT CAN'T get back on/fix things ...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Huh. This is a strange coinecendence. I was made a moderator all day for every forum just in case something like this happened and it did. I'll see what I can do to fix it, but it won't be much since I'm not TWT.

Ok. This answers my question. For a second I thought my blonde head was seeing things.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

So where is TWT anyways? I havent seen him at all today. Is he fixin this thing or is he havin his debut?

I think Twtty is locked out. He may have to hack his own board to get back in.

heh, thats odd such a small site like this would get hacked u know??? i couldn't get in untill i checked the
source code of the http://www.movieforums.com cause i couldn't get into the forums (kept getting a javascript error, so i checked the source code, and for some reason, it wasn't able to forward me to the forums) http://www.movieforums.com/forums/index.php.

neways, hopefully everything will be fixed soon, thats too bad he got hacked, if i were him, i would never think that "MY" site would get hacked, only things like yahoo would. oh well.

Brian S

We'll in case your wondering, heres basically how he did it:
He went to that site he left(www.modernhacker.com), and got the source for a program called Vhak. You basically edit a few things in the source(site adress, ip adress, ip length etc) and then paste it into your url. From there one would just register as a normal poster, but would be able to give their selves higher ranks in the board. The guy just gave himself a rank as high as TWT and changed the names of the forums. He hasn't done anything drastic, anything that TWT wouldn't be able to fix once he gets around to it. I was thinking about going through the same process that this guy did and trying to fix it, but I'd probably mess something up and make it worse. It'll be back to normal shortly.

Geez, what some people do for kicks huh? I'd insult the lowlife who did it, but it would probably get him off. I just don't get people that do stuff like this.

Hello everyone. I happened to go on a short trip this weekend (family reunion out by Niagra Falls), and, as I'm sure you all noticed, a hacker struck. Peter's post does not surprise me -- I'm running a very old version of a forum script called vBulletin, which has some serious security holes. I figured that, being so small, however, it wouldn't be a problem.

Ironically, the hacker didn't even try to "lock me out" of the Administration Center...although even then, I would have been able to get back in. vBulletin provides a special script that can be used to do so...so he would have to break into my hosting account as well...and I'd be surprised if that were a viable option.

I will post details on this incident shortly, after I've made a few changes to try to fix things. Thanks for your patience.

I think the hacker was pretty much just a code junkie. He only pasted code someone else made already. I think he just wanted a laugh. Might not of even known how to lock you out. Glad your back though.