How do you download movies with a digital code?

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I have this bluray that comes with a digital code. The back cover says I can download it. The website to redeem directs me to Movies Anywhere, but there's no download link. I can only stream it. How do I download? I can't find anything online that helps with this.

Or perhaps is there a good free program that allows me to record the screen video and internal audio?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
  • Make sure your device has an active internet connection (wi-fi recommended)
  • Launch the Movies Anywhere app
  • Go to "My Movies" and select the movie you would like to save to your device
  • On the movie details page, select "Save Offline" (downloading a movie may take several minutes depending on your internet connection speed)
  • Once your movie is downloaded, it will indicate it is “Saved Offline”
  • Once your movie has been saved, you can watch the movie offline without the need for an active internet connection. If you are unable to play your downloaded movie, try setting your device to Airplane mode or turn off wi-fi and/or cellular data.
https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...fline%E2%80%9D

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Thanks. I tried these instructions before but there is no "movie details" link on the movie page.
It could only work on PC? not a mobile? I don't know for sure I've never tried it but maybe something to look into.

It could only work on PC? not a mobile? I don't know for sure I've never tried it but maybe something to look into.
I'm beginning to believe there is no way to download the file to my computer. I can download the movie to my phone and it plays, but I can't transfer it to my computer and I can't play the movie without the Movie Anywhere app. Reminds me of Netflix when I had it. I could download movies to my phone but they wouldn't play without the Netflix app. It really sucks.

I downloaded a pirated movie to my computer a few weeks ago. Shortly afterwards I got an email from my isp basically telling me I'm not allowed to do that. They even told me the name of the movie I downloaded. I'll never do that again.

I'm beginning to believe there is no way to download the file to my computer. I can download the movie to my phone and it plays, but I can't transfer it to my computer and I can't play the movie without the Movie Anywhere app. Reminds me of Netflix when I had it. I could download movies to my phone but they wouldn't play without the Netflix app. It really sucks.

I downloaded a pirated movie to my computer a few weeks ago. Shortly afterwards I got an email from my isp basically telling me I'm not allowed to do that. They even told me the name of the movie I downloaded. I'll never do that again.
Did you torrent that pirated movie? ISPs are big on spotting torrent use. You needed a VPN, that way your ISP can't see what you are doing. And you want to change your DNS server from the default which is your ISPs server to some other DNS server like Cloudflare or Google servers. It's not only for privacy, both Cloudfare and Google servers generally perform faster than the default ISP servers.

https://www.techworm.net/2018/04/how...flare-dns.html

Did you torrent that pirated movie? ISPs are big on spotting torrent use. You needed a VPN, that way your ISP can't see what you are doing. And you want to change your DNS server from the default which is your ISPs server to some other DNS server like Cloudflare or Google servers. It's not only for privacy, both Cloudfare and Google servers generally perform faster than the default ISP servers.

https://www.techworm.net/2018/04/how...flare-dns.html
Thanks. I've never changed the dns before.

In Step 5 it says, "Now, choose the radio button ‘Use the following DNS server’ address. If there are any default IP written there, simply clear them and replace those addresses with the 1.1.1.1 DNS addresses:

For IPv4: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1;"

Do I put those numbers in the empty spaces where it says, "Preferred DNS server," and "Alternate DNS server?"

The last step is to "close and then restart your network", does that mean I need to unplug my wifi router and plug it back in, or to just close the browser and open it again?

Won't my isp detect that I've changed the dns?

Thanks. I've never changed the dns before.

In Step 5 it says, "Now, choose the radio button ‘Use the following DNS server’ address. If there are any default IP written there, simply clear them and replace those addresses with the 1.1.1.1 DNS addresses:

Do I put those numbers in the empty spaces where it says, "Preferred DNS server," and "Alternate DNS server?"

The last step is to "close and then restart your network", does that mean I need to unplug my wifi router and plug it back in, or to just close the browser and open it again?

It's been a long time since I changed my DNS servers so I highly recommend before you change anything write down the original settings and numbers. That way if you break something you can put it back to the way it was, or take a screenshot. Also watch a couple YouTube videos.

Yes.

That probably means, shut off your computer and restart it. I don't think you should have to unplug your router and restart it.

It's totally legit, legal to change your DNS servers, nothing sneaky about it.

I'm not encouraging anyone to download movies illegal, but if you do changing your DNS servers is not enough, you would need a good VPN too. But people use VPNs for privacy and security, say you use your computer at a coffee shop or wifi hotspot without a VPN someone could see your network traffic and learn passwords, stuff like that.

It's been a long time since I changed my DNS servers so I highly recommend before you change anything write down the original settings and numbers. That way if you break something you can put it back to the way it was, or take a screenshot. Also watch a couple YouTube videos.
Yes.

That probably means, shut off your computer and restart it. I don't think you should have to unplug your router and restart it.

It's totally legit, legal to change your DNS servers, nothing sneaky about it.

I'm not encouraging anyone to download movies illegal, but if you do changing your DNS servers is not enough, you would need a good VPN too. But people use VPNs for privacy and security, say you use your computer at a coffee shop or wifi hotspot without a VPN someone could see your network traffic and learn passwords, stuff like that.
Thanks for your help. I do have a VPN. I think a simpler solution is to download a movie to my phone and transfer it to my computer; this way I don't have to worry about messing things up. My phone service doesnt seem to care about my downloading movies. Of course I can always buy a movie if I like it enough.

Thanks for your help. I do have a VPN. I think a simpler solution is to download a movie to my phone and transfer it to my computer; this way I don't have to worry about messing things up. My phone service doesnt seem to care about my downloading movies. Of course I can always buy a movie if I like it enough.
Did you have a VPN and was it active when you dowloaded that movie that your ISP complained about? I mean your ISP shouldn't be able to tell where you go on the internet or what you download with a VPN. It wasn't one of those VPNs built into a web browser?

Did you have a VPN and was it active when you dowloaded that movie that your ISP complained about? I mean your ISP shouldn't be able to tell where you go on the internet or what you download with a VPN. It wasn't one of those VPNs built into a web browser?
I did not have a VPN when I downloaded the movie. The thought of using one for downloading never occurred to me. I had no idea my isp could track my surfing. Right now I'm using Proton VPN. It's free and seems to work.

From that instructions link page:

iOS Devices: The ability to save movies for offline viewing is available for iOS devices running iOS 14 and up. Apple TV runs tvOS and does not support this feature.

Save a movie to your SD card
Currently, the ability to save movies for offline viewing is only offered through iOS, Android and Amazon Fire Tablet devices with the Movies Anywhere app installed.
I am not surprised by this. I know Amazon used to allow downloading (to a pc) only in SD back in the day, and then they removed even that. Software to strip the DRM was too much of a concern, I guess. I feel like when I looked all the other main services behaved similarly, with iTunes being the outlier in that respect.

With a digital purchase code (from a purchased blu-ray with a digital download option), I suspect the idea is if you're watching offline, you're watching from the disc.

But I often find these services to be somewhat wanting in a lot of real life scenarios (in terms of alleged convenience or working in a practical manner for how you need it to). But maybe I'm just nitpicky or am an edge case.