Is Tom Green Funny?

Tools    

Can anyone tell me why Tom Green is famous? What has he ever done that warrants media coverage besides cancerous testicols and snogging Drew Barrymore? (The poor Deluded Child! She needs glasses.) Why does America watch such dreck?

I don't understand that either. He's MOE LEPO

The guy is hillarious. Sometimes he's not, but usually he is. He embarasses himself for the sake of comedy, and he's really, really good at it. Funny stuff.

I still crack up when watching him.

I truly do not know.

It's one for the ages.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I use to think he was funny, but not anymore. Now I just think hes stupid.

If Tom Green ever tried any of his twerp-on-the-street tricks on me, I will hit him on the head with my cell phone, set his beard on fire, cut off his remaining ball with a John Deere lawnmower, and then wait for a Nobel Prize for "My Service to Humanity."

And then you'd be sued.

Sorry, but I think anyone with a sense of humor has to laugh at some of the things he does. Some are stupid, some are sick, and some are hillarious. Others are all of the above.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I read an interview with him in Maxim and he seemed like a pretty cool guy, but some of the stuff he does is just moronic, which makes it not funny to me.

What gets my goat is that Green's stupidities made him famous.

Doth you not hear Job crying out in the wilderness, "Oh Lord, Oh Lord, why is that You plague me, your faithful servant, with festering boils, open sores, and The Blockbuster Movie Awards, and then reward a Blithering Imbecile with a cover issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY? Eh? Eh?"

Green just seems like a wannabe Seinfeld or Adam Sandler (not that I like Sandler that much--I liked Water Boy and Wedding Singer and it was downhill after that). Green has some funny moments but his humor just doesn't translate into full feature films. He'a pain to sit through.

HA HA, Freddie Got Fungus only made a pathetic 7 million dollars!!! And after figgerin it out on my trusty calculator (I can't believe I'm actually using up oxygen thinking about this terrible movie!), it seems that around 900,000 souls went to the theatres to see this abomination. Oy!!! For my next rant ... WEAKEST LINK !!!!!

Tom Green? NO! I used to think he was funny, then i met TWT. I imagine that someday there will be a TWT show, I even have a theme song in mind for when it comes out...
This is the TWT show
It's not the WTW show
This is my favorite show
because it is my show

man, u have some obsession with the warning track or something. Why don't u call him "chris" or "movieguy" or something, goodness gracious! lmao

Tom Green is an irritating twit.

MovieForums Extra
I really don't see why he's so famous, it's not like he's Jim Carrey or Mr. Bean (these guys are funny "with style") I find him to be rude, eccentric, and just plain ol' stupid sometimes. Then again, we Aussies tend to see everything a bit differently (comes from all the walking around on our heads)

Tom Green is a very original comic.

It's clear that his style won't suit all tastes but in this time of political correctness, his stunts are wild and very, very original.

What Tom Green does is take an issue that upsets people and uses it to embarass them? He never takes any joy from this embarassment, instead he stands there staring at the person with a blank expression. He is a student of human nature. I think the comic that is closest to him was Andy Kaufman. Andy Kaufman hated going for the easy laugh. He was more interested into how the audience would react, whether good or bad, than giving them a cheap joke.

With Adam Sandler's comedy successful, but often routine and the Farrelly Brother's style becoming stale, Tom Green's wackiness is fresh. It's disappointing the American Public failed to appreciate the freshness. Tom, you're before your time.

Tom Green is funny because he tries all sorts of things to get a reaction out of you. He doesn't care if you like it or hate it. The sheer amount of stupid things he does is what earns him his meal ticket. If you throw enough mud against a wall and some of it will stick.

I saw an episode of his show where he brought a horse's head into his parents bedroom at 3 in the morning?! What kind of person would do that to their parents just to get a laugh... and it wasn't even funny!! If anyone else did that they'd be locked up. Famous people get away with anything cos people want to see more of what they do. Don't care if it's good or bad. Look at Howard Stern!!

Try and think of any successful comedian that did that?! Not many huh.....

I've not seen much of Tom Green, but in the little I have seen, he tends to run the joke into the ground, past the point of it being funny anymore. It's almost like all those one-joke Saturday Night Live routines that were funny for a minute but just dragged on and on and on because the writer's couldn't think of an ending. The only times I've seen him, I'm ready to move on to the next joke far before he is.

Tom Green a comedjun? Now thats funny. Honestly he hasnt made me laugh once. I only felt sorry for those old folks in that nursing home, having a total moron disturb whats left of there golden years. But the person I would feel sorriest of all is Tom Greens baby, should his last remaining loin even manage to produce a desendant. If I were Tom Green Jr. Id run away from home as soon as I could crawl thru the doggie door.

Originally posted by PigsnieLite
Tom Green a comedjun? Now thats funny. Honestly he hasnt made me laugh once. I only felt sorry for those old folks in that nursing home, having a total moron disturb whats left of there golden years. But the person I would feel sorriest of all is Tom Greens baby, should his last remaining loin even manage to produce a desendant. If I were Tom Green Jr. Id run away from home as soon as I could crawl thru the doggie door.
Make fun of him, but not his cancer.