The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

But then you go and put THE OMEN before Coffy. One of the most boring horror films ever made.
I agree that The Omen is pretty boring. It's OK, it passes, it finishes, you leave it. It's done. It is 70's horror though, that can't be denied. If ever there was a decade which was defined by demons, the devil and possession, it was the 70's.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't care at all for The Omen, the whole "I did this for you Damien!" Scene was kind of creepy, that's about it though.
You mean "It's all for you, Damien."? What about David Warner's weird photographs, the storm in the park aimed at the priest, the two scenes in the car where first Damien freaks at the religious symbols and then the baboons freak at Damien, the attack in the graveyard, and all the violent climactic scenes leading to the ending? The plot is ridiculous, but it's ingenious, and Richard Donner gets a whole lot out of his budget. It's presented with such a straight face and good cast that you can easily get caught up in all the plot twists and WTFs.

No way The Omen is boring. It's one great moment after another. Now a boring horror movie is The Shining....

No way The Omen is boring. It's one great moment after another. Now a boring horror movie is The Shining....
The Shining is far more boring than The Omen. And that's from someone who thinks The Omen is quite boring.
Sir thems fighten words!
And if they are, I've got his back.

They're both boring.

It's been awhile since I saw The Omen, but I've never cared for it.

I mean, personally, I'm not really frightened of Christian horror. The Exorcist is good, but it took a long time for me to like that, and it's still not a movie I feel the need to watch much. Since I question the existence of Satan in the first place, I'm not really that scared of him. But I don't mind movies about him. But when you get too deep into it, and you're performing exorcism after exorcism, it's starting to annoy me and it feels more like a Christianity propaganda film, like God's Not Dead.

They're both boring.

It's been awhile since I saw The Omen, but I've never cared for it.

I mean, personally, I'm not really frightened of Christian horror. The Exorcist is good, but it took a long time for me to like that, and it's still not a movie I feel the need to watch much. Since I question the existence of Satan in the first place, I'm not really that scared of him. But I don't mind movies about him. But when you get too deep into it, and you're performing exorcism after exorcism, it's starting to annoy me and it feels more like a Christianity propaganda film, like God's Not Dead.
Exorcism movies can be either really good, or really bad. Sometimes you have to mix it up.

Deliver us from Evil was a damn good flick. It has an exorcism in it but it is in the last 10 minutes of the flick. Otherwise it feels more like a cop drama. Only the perps are possessed.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Omen was on my secondary list( films that were in contention for last few spots). Been ages since I watched Logans Run, great flicks though.

Solid first 2 imo.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

I can't say I love The Shining, but boring is the least thing I'd say about it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You mean "It's all for you, Damien."? What about David Warner's weird photographs, the storm in the park aimed at the priest, the two scenes in the car where first Damien freaks at the religious symbols and then the baboons freak at Damien, the attack in the graveyard, and all the violent climactic scenes leading to the ending? The plot is ridiculous, but it's ingenious, and Richard Donner gets a whole lot out of his budget. It's presented with such a straight face and good cast that you can easily get caught up in all the plot twists and WTFs.
Agreed. The rotties were enough to scare me to nightmares after I saw it at the flicks!

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Will The Godfather come in at #1 or #1?

Don't you just love Slob's Butterball from Hellraiser avatar? I told him he should make one of Butterball and he did a fabulous job.

I had Logan's Run at 13th on this list and on my personal top 100 list it falls at number 99 - Strangely close