Saint Patrick's Day

Tools    

I see that the bar from the film (which was actually a general store, there was a real bar across the street and the owners were pretty irked that they weren't chosen to be in the film) has recently been converted into a real one.

one of my friends is from The Quiet Man headquarters and he kinda hates Americans coming to his local village just for the Quiet Man bonanza. Itsunderstandable considering he has to undego this for over 19 years.

Also on another point my best friends grandmother was the woman that the Quiet Man movie was based upon. John Wayne stayed in her (my best friends parents) house during the shooting of the movie

The People's Republic of Clogher
He lives in Cong? Cool name for a place.

Yesterday was amazingly quiet, as was last night. The police in town were patrolling with full flak jackets and machine guns for the first time in years, as if expecting something. Fortunately nothing happened.