Moviefan1988's Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

#110. Wonder Woman (2017)
Director: Patty Jenkins
Writers: Allan Heinberg(screenplay by), Zack Snyder(story by) and Jason Fuchs(story by)
Stars: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Connie Nielson, Danny Huston, David Thewlis
Genre: Action, Adventure and Fantasy
Runtime: 2 Hours and 21 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: West Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Essex, Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, London, UK. Apulia, Campania, Basilicata, Italy. Paris, France.
Distributed by: Warner Bros.
Release Date: June 2 2017
Did it make the original 100 favorite movies list? No

Imo, one of the best DC movies out there and a good action-packed superhero film. Gail Gadot did a brilliant job playing as Wonder Woman and watching her kick some ass against the evils during this violent war going on.

"I will fight for those who cannot fight for themselves." - Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman played by Gal Gadot

Good theme song

I have not seen the 2nd movies yet

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

#87. Step Brothers (2008)
Director: Adam McKay
Writers: Will Ferrell(screenplay), Adam McKay(screenplay) and John C. Reilly(story)
Stars: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Mary Steenburgen, Richard Jenkins, Adam Scott, Kathryn Hahn
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hours and 38 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Los Angeles and San Diego, CA
Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
Release Date: July 25 2008
Did it make the original 100 favorite movies list? Yes

Will Ferrell and John C Reilly did a fine job with this movie as they play as two aimless immature grown men that still live with their parents and stuck in their own childish worlds.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale." - Brennan Huff played by Will Ferrell

LOL is all I gotta say
Would have rated this one much higher.

#111. Can’t Hardly Wait (1998)
Directors: Harry Elfont and Deborah Kaplan
Writers: Deborah Kaplan and Harry Elfont
Stars: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ethan Embry, Charlie Korsmo, Seth Green, Lauren Ambrose
Genre: Comedy and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 40 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Location: Los Angeles, CA
Release Date: June 12 1998

A good 90s high school movie with some laughs along the way especially at the party scenes, where most of the movie takes place which is fine, atleast you get to see what goes down at this party as these teenagers act like a bunch of wild animals.

Also what I liked about the movie are the characters, showing you more of the stereotypical people that you might run into high school some day.

"Just so you know, judging from my little experience, I kind of believe in fate. It just works in really f*cked up ways sometimes." - Denise Fleming played by Lauren Ambrose

#112. The Day After Tomorrow (2004)
Director: Roland Emmerich
Writers: Roland Emmerich(story) and Jeffrey Nachmanoff(screenplay)
Stars: Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhaal, Emmy Rossum, Dash Mihok, Jay O. Sanders, Sela Ward
Genre: Action, Adventure and Sci-Fi
Runtime: 2 Hours and 4 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Manhattan, NY. Los Angeles, CA. El Paso, TX. Washington, DC. Toronto and Quebec, Canada. Tokyo, Japan.
Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
Release Date: May 28 2004

This was an interesting natural disaster movie with good special affects in it and seeing how these characters try to survive this global warning incident while they attend some event in New York City. I like how the movie shows that there are natural disasters happening in all parts of the world and not just in the NYC area.

“When this storm is over, we'll be in a new ice age.” – Jack Hall played by Dennis Quaid

#113. The Deer Hunter (1978)
Director: Michael Cimino
Writers: Michael Cimino(story), Deric Washburn(story) and Louis Garfinkle(story)
Stars: Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, John Cazaler, John Savage, Meryl Streep
Genre: Drama and War
Runtime: 3 Hours and 3 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Cleveland, Struthers and Mingo Junction, OH. Clairton and McKeesport, PA. Weirton and Follansbee, WV. Mount Baker, WA. River Kwai and Katchanburi, Thailand
Distributed by: Universal Pictures
Release Date: February 29 1979 – USA release

As much as how long this movie was, I thought this was a good and touching movie. The Russian roulette scene was intense and boy Michael (Robert De Niro) showed those bad guys not to f*ck with him after the tragic event that just happened to him and his friends.

"A deer has to be taken with one shot. I try to tell people that but they don't listen." Michael played by played by Robert De Niro

#114. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writer: Robert Rodat
Stars: Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Tom Sizemore, Edward Burns, Barry Pepper, Adam Goldberg, Vin Diesel
Genre: Drama and War
Runtime: 2 Hours and 49 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Curracloe, County Wexford, Ireland. Hatfield, Hertfordshire, Thame Park,
Oxfordshire and Wiltshire, UK. Calvados, France
Distributed by: DreamWorks Pictures
Release Date: July 24 1998

A great war movie made by Steven Spielberg which he did a wonderful job making this film an interesting take on WW2. I say this movie was one of the best war movies ever made while watching all the explosive action going on in it and showing us the brutal and violent battle between the Americans and Germans.

"He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb." – Captain Miller played by Tom Hanks

#115. Yes Man (2008)
Director: Peyton Reed
Writers: Nicholas Stoller(screenplay), Jarrad Paul(screenplay) and Andrew Mogel(screenplay)
Stars: Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, John Michael Higgins, Rhys Darby
Genre: Comedy and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 44 Minutes
Rated PG 13
Film Locations: Ontario and Los Angeles, CA. Lincoln, Nebraska
Release Date: December 19 2008

As always Carrey does great at his comedy movies just like this film and seems to find a way to make it laughable. Imagine having to say yes to something like having to drink a gallon of bleach, I'd be like hell no to that.

“The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.” – Allison played by Zooey Deschanel

#116. Liar Liar (1997)
Director: Tom Shadyac
Writers: Paul Guay and Stephen Mazur
Stars: Jim Carrey, Maura Tierney, Amanda Donohoe, Jennifer Tily, Justin Cooper, Cary Elwes, Anne Haney
Runtime: 1 Hour and 26 Minutes
Rated PG 13
Film Locations: Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: Universal Pictures
Release Date: March 21 1997

Jim Carrey played his role nicely as he plays as an attorney that has a hard time putting his family first before his work as he tells his wife and son lies whenever they need him.

Carrey sure made this movie fiunny and enjoyable movie to watch like in some of his other movies as well.

"I Wish That For Only One Day, Dad Couldn't Tell A Lie" - Max Reede played by Justin Cooper

#117. Red (2010)
Director: Robert Schwentke
Writers: Jon Hoeber(screenplay), Erich Hoeber(screenplay) and Warren Ellis(graphic novel)
Stars: Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, Mary-Louise Parker, Karl Urban, John Malkovich
Genre: Action, Comedy and Crime
Runtime: 1 Hour and 51 Minutes
Rated PG 13
Film Locations: Toronto Ontario, Canada. New Orleans, LA
Distributed by: Summit Entertainment
Release Date: October 15 2010

As usual, when you put Bruce Willis in any action movie, you know he'll do an outstanding job like he does in this movie.

"Frank, how many times have I told you? You cannot trust the system! I told you when you're in the system, they switch the flip and you're done. Man, satellites, cell phones, chips, net, the web, the dentist." - Marvin Boggs played by John Malkovich

I've seen Red 2 and it was a decent sequel, more of an honorable mention for me,

#118. Hostage (2005)
Director: Florent-Emilio Siri
Writers: Robert Crais(novel) and Doug Richardson(screenplay)
Stars: Bruce Willis, Kevin Pollak, Serena Scott Thomas, Jimmy Bennett, Michelle Horn, Ben Foster, Jonathan Tucker, Marshall Allman
Genre: Thriller, Action and Crime
Runtime: 1 Hour and 53 Minutes
Rated R
Distributed by: Miramax
Release Date: March 11 20005

A good and thrilling home invasion film with two things going on like three men trying to rob this wealthy bank accountant’s house and the family of Jeff Talley (Bruce Willis) a LAPD police officer, has been abducted by powerful criminals which forces Jeff to retrieve a DVD with bank accountings' information that’s kept in the accountant’s office.

"F**king rich people." – Jeff Talley played by Bruce Willis

#119. The Dark Knight (2008)
Director: Christopher Nolan
Writers: Jonathan Nolan(screenplay), Christopher Nolan(screenplay) and David S. Goyer(story)
Stars: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy
Genre: Action, Crime and Drama
Runtime: 2 Hours and 32 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: Chicago IL. London, UK. Hong Kong, China.
Release Date: July 18 20008

A dark and cool action-packed batman movie with a nice upgrade from the joker which the actor that plays as him did well. I'm not a big fan of Batman, I think Christian Bale did good playing batman.

“Why so serious.” – The Joker played by Heath Ledger

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises were decent, the other batman movies were alright, not a big fan of batman

#120. The Expendables (2010)
Director: Sylvester Stallone
Writers: Dave Callaham(screenplay) and Sylvester Stallone(screenplay)
Stars: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin
Genre: Action, Adventure and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 43 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: New Orleans, LA. Los Angeles, CA. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Distributed by: Lionsgate
Release Date: August 13 2010

It was nice to see a good action packed movie with some big time actors in it. Yea I know some of them are old but what are they supposed to do if they like doing what they love and that is making movies.

"We are the shadows and the smoke, we rise. We are the ghosts that hide in the night." - Barney Ross played by Sylvester Stallone

Expendables 2 and 3 were decent, I prefer the 1st one though

#121. Final Destination (2000)
Director: James Wong
Writers: Glen Morgan(screenplay), James Wong(screenplay) and Jeffrey Reddick(screenplay)
Stars: Devon Sawa, Ali Larter, Kerr Smith, Kristen Cloke, Chad Donella, Seann William Scott, Tony Todd
Genre: Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 38 Minutes
Rated R
Film Location: Vancouver, Canada
Distributed by: New Line Cinema
Release Date: March 17 2000

A brutal horror thrill ride about a group of high school students surviving this plane explosion as they were off to Paris and booted off the plane before the incent happened.

Meanwhile, they must try to cheat death as it plans to kill them off one by one since they were meant to die in the plane explosion.

“In death there are no accidents, no coincidences, no mishaps, and no escapes.” – William Bludworth played by Tony Todd

#122. Final Destination 2 (2003)
Director: David R. Ellis
Writers: J. Mackye Gruber(screenplay), Eric Bress(screenplay) and Jeffrey Reddick(story)
Stars: A.J. Cook, Ali Larter, Tony Todd, Michael Landes, David Paetkau, James Kirk, Lynda Boyd
Runtime: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Rated R
Release Date: January 31 2003

This was a good and intense sequel to the original movie.

“You can't cheat death. There are no escapes.” - William Bludworth played by Tony Todd

]
#123. Final Destination 5 (2011)
Director: Steven Quale
Writers: Eric Heisserer and Jeffrey Reddick(characters)
Stars: Nicholas D'Agosto, Emma Bell, Arlen Escarpeta, Tony Todd, Miles Fisher, Ellen Wroe, Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, P.J. Byrne, David Koechner
Runtime: 1 Hour and 32 Minutes
Rated R
Release Date: August 12 2011

The best sequel in the series imo and I find it interesting and entertaining to see how these main characters try to cheat death and seeing how some die so gruesomely. The deaths in this one are brutal and also creative.

Death... doesn't like to be cheated. - William Bludworth played by Tony Todd[/quote]

Notice the lack of gifs and more pictures since the gifs I found were too violent to put on here, it might gross some people out. Final Destination 3 as an honorable mention, the 4th movie was alright.

#124. In Time (2011)
Director: Andrew Niccol
Writer: Andrew Niccol
Stars: Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, Cillian Murphy, Olivia Wilde
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 43 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
Release Date: October 28 2011

I like it when movies use something creative in their movies like in this one which is about human life in the future that stops aging at the age of 25 and after that they must find more time before they die.

"It's nobody's fault, what they're born with." - Will Salas played by Justin Timberlake

#125. Hot Fuzz (2007)
Director: Edgar Wright
Writers: Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg
Stars: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Robert Popper, Joe Cornish, Chris Waitt
Genre: Action, Comedy and Mystery
Runtime: 2 Hours and 1 Minute
Rated R
Film Locations: Hertfordshire, Somerset, London, UK
Distributed by: Universal Studios
Release Date: April 20 2007

An interesting buddy cop movie about a skilled London police officer, Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) getting transferred to this small-town police department, which the town as this dark secret and Officer Angel attempts to investigate while half the town tries to hide the secret.

He teams up with this nitwit police officer named Danny Butterman (Nick Frost) to solve the crime.

"I may not be a man of God, Reverend, but I know right and I know wrong and I have the good grace to know which is which." – Nicholas Angel played by Simon Pegg

#126. Anger Management (2003)
Director: Peter Segal
Writer: David Dorfman
Stars: Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler, Marisa Tomei, Luis Guzman, Woody Harrelson, January Jones, Allen Covert
Runtime: 1 Hour and 46 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Film Locations: New York City, NY. Cranbury, East Windsor, Hightstown, Long Valley, Kearny, NJ. Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: Sony Pictures
Release Date: April 11 2003

A funny film about a guy named Dave (Adam Sandler) who is wrongly sentenced to an anger management program and meeting his aggressive instructor, (Jack Nicholson), things start to become wild and silly.

Sandler and Nicholson did a great job on making this film an enjoyable one to watch.

“Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of, by losing it.” - Dr. Buddy Rydell played by Jack Nicholson

#127. Saving Silverman (2001)
Director: Dennis Dugan
Writers: Hank Nelken and Greg DePaul
Stars: Jason Biggs, Steve Zahn, Jack Black, Amanda Peet, Amanda Detmer, R. Lee Ermey, Neil Diamond
Genre: Comedy, Crime and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Rated PG-13
Release Date: February 9 2001

Some might not of found this a funny movie but I liked it alot and thought some of the cast made this funny and entertaining.

"What is it that I always said?, If you can dream it, you can do it.” Coach Norton played by R. Lee Ermey

#128. Not Another Teen Movie (2001)
Director: Joel Gallen
Writers: Mike Bender, Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson
Stars: Chyler Leigh, Jaime Pressly, Chris Evans, Eric Christian Olsen, Mia Kirshner, Lacey Chabert, Molly Ringwald, Melissa Joan Hart
Runtime: 1 Hour and 29 Minutes
Rated R
Release Date: December 14 2001

A funny film that mocks all other high school movies.

imagine all the backlash this movie would have if this movie was recently made, which makes you want say to those that are easily offended by every little thing "It's just a movie, cream puffs get over it"

"We all know where this is going... f*cking teenagers." - Flight Attendants played by Molly Ringwald

#129. The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire (2013)
Director: Francis Lawrence
Writers: Simon Beaufoy(screenplay), Michael Arndt(screenplay) and Suzanne Collins(novel "Catching Fire")
Stars: Jennifer Lawrence,J osh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Jack Quaid, Taylor St. Clair, Sandra Ellis Lafferty, Woody Harrelson
Genre: Action, Adventure and Sci-FI
Runtime: 2 Hours and 26 Minutes
Rated PG 13
Film Locations: Atlanta and Jonesboro, GA. Oahu Manoa Valley, and Kawela Bay, HI. Ringwood, NJ, Los Angeles, CA
Distributed by: Lionsgate
Release Date: November 13 2013

An interesting and fun movie to watch and Jennifer Lawrence puts on a great performance in the film.

"Katniss, when you're in the arena, remember who the real enemy is." - Haymitch Abernathy played by Woody Harrelson

The Hunger Games Parts 1,3 and 4 as honorable mentions

#130. From Dusk till Dawn (1996)
Director: Robert Rodriguez
Writers: Robert Kurtzman (story), Quentin Tarantino (screenplay)
Stars: Harvey Keitel, George Clooney, Juliette Lewis
Genre: Crime, Thriller, Horror and Action
Runtime: 1 Hour and 48 Minutes
Rated R
Film Locations: Calico Dry Lake, Barstow and Lancaster, CA. Redmond and Seattle, WA. Chihuahua, Mexico.
Distributed by: Dimension Films
Release Date: January 19 1996

This is how vampire movies are supposed to be, blood sucking creatures trying to feed off on living humans.

hen the criminal gecko brothers force this family to drive them to Mexico and when they enter this biker bar called the titty twister, havoc breaks loose as they find out the place has some vampires in it.

"All right, vampire killers... let's kill some f*cking vampires." – Seth Gecko played by George Clooney