RIP Jeff Beck

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Bacterial meningitis. Man... Jeff Beck was one guy who I never worried about. He just played a show, did an interview. I guess he got sick and deteriorated very quickly.

One of Jeff's best solos... He's in the music video, too. He played on a LOT of records. There's some really good documentaries on him, too.

Roger Waters - What God Wants

Great guy, great guitarist.

Here he is in 1965 in the Yardbirds.

For myself, The best guitarist ever. He owned my teen years.

RIP

Now, a song...

Unfortunately, I never saw him live. I was born in the 80s, and can't remember a time Jeff Beck came to Michigan.

Unfortunately, I never saw him live. I was born in the 80s, and can't remember a time Jeff Beck came to Michigan.

Now that I think about it, would have definitely make an effort to see him. He must have been through here during his "Wired" & "Blow By Blow" years.

Now that I think about it, would have definitely make an effort to see him. He must have been through here during his "Wired" & "Blow By Blow" years.

I'm 40, and didn't go to my first concert until the year 2000, when I was 18 and finally an adult.

I want to see Chicago before everyone dies, but again, Mt. Pleasant (or anywhere) is too far, especially when no one seems to want to go to concerts anymore.

Great guy, great guitarist.

Here he is in 1965 in the Yardbirds.

Always interesting to me how much older everyone looked back in those days.

In this video Jeff is only 21 years old, but, even though he’s handsome, he looks much older.

I saw him in 1998 on this tour with Jennifer Batten in the band. It was a small venue (House of Blues) and I was in the front row but after a few songs I had to move to the back of the venue because it was by far the LOUDEST thing I'd ever heard.

I saw him in 1998 on this tour with Jennifer Batten in the band. It was a small venue (House of Blues) and I was in the front row but after a few songs I had to move to the back of the venue because it was by far the LOUDEST thing I'd ever heard.

It's cool seeing a concert you were in. I just haven't looked.. yet, although I've seen other live shows.

I never saw Beck, though. Born a little late for my kinda music, but saw some.

Always interesting to me how much older everyone looked back in those days.

In this video Jeff is only 21 years old, but, even though he’s handsome, he looks much older.

I feel the same.. It's part looking older, but being mature than the people we see at 21... I remember looking at athletes as giants, and now I'm twice their age, but when ... my uncle was 27, he seemed so old, and now his son is 27.

I think it's WE that are getting older.... and there's no pause, until it's over.