The Annual MoFo Christmas Thread

Tools    

Couldn't go shopping because of a flu bug, so considering this is a Christmas dinner made with what I had in the cupboards, I think I did alright

Frozen veg
Pre-made frozen roasties
Some apple sauce and cranberry sauce
Can of new potatoes mashed up with some corn (and plenty of butter)
Shredded chicken usually used for curries
And chicken Bisto with veg stock, the water from the chicken, with freshly ground pepper and mustard seeds

Think I made way too much mash though, feel like I'm going to burst.

We planned the food out today:

Several different types of moderately fancy grilled cheese sandwiches. Tater tots. Hot chocolate. And possibly some homemade ice cream if we're feeling ambitious.

Fun, modular, easy.

You ready? You look ready.
anyone else have movies they watch that just hit different around christmas?

or to put it another way; what movies do you watch around the holidays that have nothing to do with the holidays besides having watched it one christmas ages ago?

any James Bond movie
any Star Wars movie
any Matrix movie
and Four Brothers

You ready? You look ready.
Saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Detroit last night. This and Mannhiem Steamroller are must see Christmas shows. Now I've seen both.
I saw one of them and in between songs, when it got real quiet, I turned to my mom and said in a loud voice “when are they playing the Star Wars theme”?

anyone else have movies they watch that just hit different around christmas?

or to put it another way; what movies do you watch around the holidays that have nothing to do with the holidays besides having watched it one christmas ages ago?

any James Bond movie
I might dust off George and Diana tomorrow. Haven't watched any 007 since Craig nuked himself to oblivion.