Roseanne series making a comeback

Tools    

I heard Lecy Goranson is Becky but Sarah Chalke is in it in a different role.
That's kind of weird.
When has this show not been weird? They’re bringing Dan back from the dead. Also, I heard a rumor that Sarah Chalke may now be playing DJ’s wife, but I doubt it.

Best piece of Americana when it comes to TV shows.
I’m guessing it was on when I did not own a TV set, which was the entire decade I lived in NYC.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I’m guessing it was on when I did not own a TV set, which was the entire decade I lived in NYC.
I used to watch this every day about ten years ago, and it was on four different channels (Nick, Nick at Nite, Oxygen, etc), probably still on.

Best piece of Americana when it comes to TV shows.
Do you have to buy a TV license in America?

Do you have to buy a TV license in America?
No, but the service I pay (internet, cable, alarm) is $150/month plus a million different taxes... And they lock you in for a year, and then jack up your rates. I didn't even know I was getting charge for this silly "talk to the remote" control, renting something I never use.

How did the series finally end? I have the first 2 boxsets but no idea how it ended.
At the end of season 8, Dan, the dad, has a heart attack. He survives.

At the beginning of season 9, the Conner family wins the lottery. $108 million. The entire season is dedicated to them now being rich, while Darlene, one of the daughters, gives birth to a baby that almost dies, and Dan spends a lot of the season not on the show because he's supposed to be in California visiting his mentally ill mother, and it turns out he's been having an affair with his mom's nurse.

The very last episode is the whole family, and their friends, gathered at the house to see Darlene's baby. Roseanne, while sitting at the kitchen table, starts doing a voice-over monologue and she reveals that a lot of what happened in season 9 didn't actually happen. It turns out that Dan actually died from his heart attack at the end of season 8. Roseanne grieved very hard for him and then decided that to channel her grief and hopefully get over things, she would start writing a book about her entire family. The entire Roseanne show was that book, with some things changed around. They never really won the lottery. Dan didn't survive the heart attack. It was all Roseanne's way of coping with his death, trying to pretend he was still alive. The End.

No, but the service I pay (internet, cable, alarm) is $150/month plus a million different taxes... And they lock you in for a year, and then jack up your rates. I didn't even know I was getting charge for this silly "talk to the remote" control, renting something I never use.
Right. My Comcast Internet/basic cable bill is now up to $106 a month. Sometimes think I should just get an antenna.

How did the series finally end? I have the first 2 boxsets but no idea how it ended.
At the end of season 8, Dan, the dad, has a heart attack. He survives.

At the beginning of season 9, the Conner family wins the lottery. $108 million. The entire season is dedicated to them now being rich, while Darlene, one of the daughters, gives birth to a baby that almost dies, and Dan spends a lot of the season not on the show because he's supposed to be in California visiting his mentally ill mother, and it turns out he's been having an affair with his mom's nurse.

The very last episode is the whole family, and their friends, gathered at the house to see Darlene's baby. Roseanne, while sitting at the kitchen table, starts doing a voice-over monologue and she reveals that a lot of what happened in season 9 didn't actually happen. It turns out that Dan actually died from his heart attack at the end of season 8. Roseanne grieved very hard for him and then decided that to channel her grief and hopefully get over things, she would start writing a book about her entire family. The entire Roseanne show was that book, with some things changed around. They never really won the lottery. Dan didn't survive the heart attack. It was all Roseanne's way of coping with his death, trying to pretend he was still alive. The End.
Wow sounds a bit confusing, very interesting though, it's not on our channels here, not sure when it was last on but i definitely wanna see those episodes!

Most of season 9 was awful, but I actually liked the finale. I also liked the scenes involving Darlene's baby.

I kinda wish this reunion wasn't happening - at least not yet. I'd really have liked to have seen Johnny Galecki return as David, but I don't think his Big Bang Theory contract will allow that.

He is going to be in it as far as I'm aware.
He might not be in it much. The rumor is Darlene and David may be divorced. She might even be a lesbian on the show now. They're definitely going to have a son named Mark, named after David's brother, Mark, who will be dead on the show since he is in real life. Their son, Mark, is supposed to be "gender creative."

I still need to see the original series.
You should, it's one of my favorite shows.. I didn't care for it much as a kid, but I wasn't really experienced with life at 5 years old.

I think Season 9 was purposely made to make the "rich and famous" very boring and shallow people.