Roseanne series making a comeback

Tools    

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/roseanne-ge...180947579.html

"One of the biggest comedies of the 1990s, Roseanne,
is making a comeback. I hear an eight-episode limited series revival of the hit ABC blue-collar family comedy is in the works with the key cast members reprising their roles, including Roseanne Barr, John Goodman and Sara Gilbert, with Laurie Metcalf and others in the process of joining them. The new installment, produced by the original series’ executive producers Tom Werner, Barr and Bruce Helford as well as Gilbert, is currently in the marketplace, with multiple networks bidding, including Roseanne original home ABC, and Netflix, which has been staging reboots of classic sitcoms, including Full House and One Day At a Time, along with new installments of cult favorites Arrested Development and Gilmore Girls."

The most loathsome of all goblins
But...

WARNING: "I thought" spoilers below
didn't they reveal that John Goodman's character was dead in the series finale?

This is really weird. I've only seen about four episodes of Roseanne and i liked them but i dunno if it would be good now, maybe it will work well seeing Roseanne in Trumps America. I would probably watch it if John Goodman was in it, maybe they can reveal that Roseanne dreamed that the show after his heart attack was her writing a book

Roseanne was great in its prime but the last two seasons were absolutely abominable and I don't see how they're going to work this at all unless they're going to completely ignore the (appaling) last episode. Which, granted, I wouldn't object to, but... these things just never work well IMO...

Roseanne was great in its prime but the last two seasons were absolutely abominable and I don't see how they're going to work this at all unless they're going to completely ignore the (appaling) last episode. Which, granted, I wouldn't object to, but... these things just never work well IMO...
Yeah, those final few seasons were dreadful. They just might go ahead and scrap them altogether, who knows.

I would love to see it back just to watch her social commentary. There is a lot to talk about and a lot can be talked about today that you could not quite talk about back then.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah, those final few seasons were dreadful. They just might go ahead and scrap them altogether, who knows.

the last few seasons were so bad I don't even remember them.

I actually hope not. John the Good Man needs to stay on the big screen now.

I would love to see it back just to watch her social commentary. There is a lot to talk about and a lot can be talked about today that you could not quite talk about back then.
That's true. But the big question is, can they manage to bring back the charm they're known for? The thing about Roseanne was that the show managed to balance comedy with social commentary flawlessly. It was all very natural. I don't know if they'll be able to pull it off now. We'll have to see.

I've not seen much of the show but would a Roseanne picking things up after her husbands death not interest the fans? Sounds like it's the perfect sort of storyline that they should have focused on instead of what they did. I get that Goodman was a massive part of it but wouldn't that make you relate to Roseanne as it is difficult watching it without him? Dunno, i'm probably way off.

That's true. But the big question is, can they manage to bring back the charm they're known for? The thing about Roseanne was that the show managed to balance comedy with social commentary flawlessly. It was all very natural. I don't know if they'll be able to pull it off now. We'll have to see.
It did. I loved it.

I havent seen her since and thought she had disappeared completely so googled her. Wow

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think The Twilight Zone had honest episodes about real people (in the sense i think you mean) before Roseanne.
Aside from social issues, the show is named Roseanne - a woman, working-class, fat, loud and obnoxious with a sense of humor.

Aside from social issues, the show is named Roseanne - a woman, working-class, fat, loud and obnoxious with a sense of humor.
Going by the photo I posted above, she looks pretty trim, Matt, so maybe just loud and obnoxious. She looks amazing.

Going by the photo I posted above, she looks pretty trim, Matt, so maybe just loud and obnoxious. She looks amazing.
That's Darlene!
Oh. Who is Darlene. That just came up on a Roseanne Google Search.

ETA. The daughter? Lol no it isn't.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Oh. Who is Darlene. That just came up on a Roseanne Google Search.

ETA. The daughter? Lol no it isn't.
Estimated Time Arrival? LOL... It is youngest daughter, Darlene.. She doesn't look different from the last few seasons.. You can tell Dan Connor had some hair color and makeup, but that doesn't matter..

Estimated Time Arrival? LOL... It is youngest daughter, Darlene.. She doesn't look different from the last few seasons.. You can tell Dan Connor had some hair color and makeup, but that doesn't matter..
ETA = edit to add.

Too funny. I think you're pulling my leg, Matt.
Darlene/Sara Gilbert

Roseanne