Roseanne series making a comeback

Tools    

To my surprise, I found the new show interesting. I wasn't very interested in the old one. I think the new show can be a success without Roseanne but it will be an uphill climb. They have to convince fans who were offended by Roseanne, fans who felt she shouldn't have been let go and fans who don't think it can be good without her. But there probably are some fans who liked the show in spite of her.

As for killing her off being lazy- there's really no other way. Her departure has to be immediate because she won't be appearing and the powers that be feel the show has to move on without her being a major part. The only other way would be for her to leave all of her family, which wouldn't be in keeping with her character.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-con...ff-1202471083/

"Juliette Lewis is set for a guest-starring role in The Conners, ABC’s spinoff of its revived-then-canceled comedy hit Roseanne.

Lewis will appear opposite Roseanne alum Johnny Galecki’s David as Blue, David’s girlfriend who was referenced last season on the Roseanne revival.

News of the casting follows an announcement earlier this month that Maya Lynne Robinson has been set as a series regular. She’ll play Geena Williams-Conner, wife of DJ (Michael Fishman) and mom of Mary (Jayden Rey), who returns home from active duty overseas in Afghanistan.

The cast (so far) is Robinson, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson, Fishman, Emma Kenney, Ames McNamara and Rey."

The Conners:

I just watched The Conners and have mixed feelings about it. Also, like Jackie and her corncob holders, I' m not quite sure where to put this post- a new thread? - or stay here? . Here for now.

SPOILER - for anyone who still doesn't know, Rosie ( the
character ) has passed on. The Conners spent this episode mostly dealing with that. And you know, I felt the emptiness that she was gone. Rosie was a real enough role that I found myself saddened along with the family. Most of the show was still quite funny, well written and well played, with good rapport amongst these seasoned actors. Interesting how Dan dealt with his grandson, to guide him through what is strange new territory for Dan, but still with a loving heart. Dan/John Goodman is a treasure, and if the show can continue and thrive, I think he'd be a major reason for its success.

Still, it seems to me that, both as a tv mom and an actress- writer, Roseanne was truly the glue that held this show together. Her being gone left a big empty hole there.

However I ' ll tune in a few times more, and see if this show, beset by the problematical loss of ( the former) R Barr, will find its footing.

Just finished watching The Conners and I loved it...perfect blending of the chuckle and the tear...brilliant work from John Goodman and Laurie Metcalfe.

It was **** before and big surprise.... its still ****