DerekVinyard's Top 50 Best Movie Of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

Number one is American History X. The question is what's number one? Raid?
#2 is VAMPIRE'S KISS !!!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I wish it was.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

TOPPPPPPP 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Fight Club(1999)
David Fincher

''The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club''

- A brutal masterpiece of a kind with amazing performances from Norton and Pitt. Everything is brilliant... cinematography , camera shots , acting , directing , all incredible details and awesome bada*s atmosphere. Great complete storyline and amazing ending. David Fincher best movie and by far the most badass accomplishment of the 90's. double Bravo.

Soundtrack :

The first time I watched Fight Club, I was expecting it to be an instant favorite, and I was disappointed. I watched it again a few months ago; I didn't love it, but I really liked it. I probably enjoyed my viewing of Black Swan a little more, but I still voted for Fight Club in the movie tournament. The reason is because Fight Club has stayed on my mind, and I put a lot of stock in that. I can understand why this movie is so popular, and it's one I look forward to seeing again.

Of the last four i love The Shining and Fight Club, like Shawshank quite a bit but i't's went down quite a bit on multiple rewatches for me. V For Vendetta was pretty good too; i agree both Weaving and Portman were excellent and anything with Stephen Fry in it gets my approval .

Let's go-the suspense is killing me!
ANYBODY AND I SAID AAAAANNNYBBODDYYYY KNOWS WHATS #1 !!!!!!!!!

I blind it since my debut on this forum (Sarcasm) I let the suspense go for at least 12 hours just the time for everybody to get so thrill about it ......

#1:

American History X (1998)
Tony Kaye

- Anyone who don't believe in true magic power of a movie should watch this amazing beauty of an art. Norton gives a blistering , astounding and magical performance and it just shows how you can achieve perfection in your craft in about 2 hours. God I just have tons of emotions right now even more than the first time I watched it with my dad and cry like a 2 years old young boy who wants his ice cream... Almost nobody notice but Edward Furlong is very great too as Danny the youngest brother of Derek. The ending and the whole movie is a pure intense captivating fact of the life, Racism is horrible and Tony Kaye proves it by many obvious ways.... Derek Vinyard perfectly represents the ignorant ''white trash american'' who after living in a different middle than his racist familly realizes that he was wrong all along and It also shows that something it's irreversible in the character of Danny, the amount of hate was to high and it got to him. There is no better movie to remember us that we have to be tolerant.

Many scenes are very shocking but it shows at the near perfection how you could loose complete control of your life or even your mind...

Dinner Scene:

-Truly unbelivable acting skills shown by Ed Norton(Derek Vinyard) who has an intense discussion about White Cops beating Rodney King with Elliott Gould(Murray) the Jewish frequentation of his mother

The Speech :

- Derek giving a speech of hate to all the new white frustrated skinhead of his city. (attack of a grocery story follow)

And after all the hate... the new friends of Derek A black guy con arrest for 6 years for ''assault'' on a cop.

- He find himself redemption in prison and realized that all this time he lived in a lie, that the idea he had of black people was completely false and wrong.

The Ending and the conclusion scenes with Edward Furlong(Danny Vinyard) who read his text about racism and the illogic thoughts behind the skinhead movement is the exclamation point of an epic masterpiece of the 90's.

Moral:
''So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature''

This finish my list thanks folks for Rep and Comments !

I enjoyed looking through this list, Derek! A lot of great movies, obviously, since it's a top 50 only and the fact that's it's of all-time as well...

But to be honest there wasn't really any unexpected or original picks. Like someone said it was a little mainstream focused, but it's your top 50 and I won't come here and criticize you for it. As I said it was a lot of fun reading through it, but I don't think I'll ever be able to create a ranked list of my all-time favourite movies. That's way too hard to do. Too many movies that are great in their own way.

Nice list Derek. I like American History X and V for Vendetta but I absolutely love Shawshank, The Shining and Fight Club and I care not that people think they're mainstream, they're great films and there's a reason why they top people's lists and it's cos they're so good

Nice list Derek. I like American History X and V for Vendetta but I absolutely love Shawshank, The Shining and Fight Club and I care not that people think they're mainstream, they're great films and there's a reason why they top people's lists and it's cos they're so good
100% agreed thanks Christine !