What do you HATE?

Tools    

Hermann Hesse — 'If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.'
This is indeed true. You just don't care about stuff that is far from home. You care about stuff that is part of your personal life. You hate stuff that is related to you on a personal matter, you don't hate stuff that is not personally related to you.

Is like the far-right and the far-left, they are both in the extremes of the same stick, but by hating the other side they are being the exactly same, so they are hating something that is present in themselves, they are not really hating the polices the other side supports, they are hating the inability the other side have in being open to comprehension of there ideas and by that they won't submit to there will. We are starting to see this in some movements, from vegan movements, environmental movements and anti foreigners nationalists. Like Mr. Miyagi says, everything must have a balance, if you find that balance you won't hate anything because you will be open to suggestions and new understandings, and eventually you gain empathy. That's why I love 12 Angry Men so much, was probably one of the major movies that changed my life, I'm glad I saw it so soon.

Is like the far-right and the far-left, they are both in the extremes of the same stick, but by hating the other side they are being the exactly same, so they are hating something that is present in themselves, they are not really hating the polices the other side supports, they are hating the inability the other side have in being open to comprehension of there ideas and by that they won't submit to there will.
Sort of related, but there's something called the horseshoe theory that suggests the extreme left and right actually begin to converge.

You make no sense buddy.

;(
This guy didn’t last too long here.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
YOU'RE NOT MY BUDDY, G.....adrgdf s
sorry about that. page late to the game, I guess.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I hate it when smokers stand too near me smoking ciggies or e-cigs, quite recently a colleague stood near me smoking an e-cig, i stepped away from him, he then starts to tell me how 'safe' they are, but I still refused to stand near him and breathe in his 'harmless' plumes of smoke.😝

When a tiny piece of wood or other material breaks off and embeds in your skin.
Oh... a splinter (like J.J. Abrams' splinter realities - yes, I hate those too!)

I knew a "sliver" was a small piece of something, but thought maybe Rules was referring to something more specific.

This question is a month late, but what's a sliver?
Yeah like Miss Vicky said a sliver is a piece of wood etc stuck under the skin. You never heard of that word? Maybe it's a west coast thing.

Yeah like Miss Vicky said a sliver is a piece of wood etc stuck under the skin. You never heard of that word? Maybe it's a west coast thing.
Sure I've heard the word.
"Why did you give me only a sliver of pie?"

The kind of slivers / splinters I hate are the ones you can't see and you don't know if there is something under the skin or if it's just a micro cut. Got one recently from the inside of my work glove - like there was one of those invisible cactus hairs inside the glove - extremely irritating. And when I went to work on it I couldn't tell if there was anything under my skin or not.

Slivered almonds is a very common use of the word. Almonds that are not whole, but, rather, are skinned & cut into slim little pieces.

Never thought of splinter & sliver being similar words, but, don’t you know, they are synonyms for each other.

Now who said Americans don’t speak proper English. (Not me.)

English. Peas. Bleh. Add to that vile scent fried spam and mac n cheese and it's enough to drive me out of a room. Maybe the house.

English. Peas. Bleh. Add to that vile scent fried spam and mac n cheese and it's enough to drive me out of a room. Maybe the house.
These need some exposition...

Do you hate "English" as a subject of study, as a language, as a people?

I think fried spam smells a lot like fried pork roll or fried ham?

Now, "mac n cheese"... do you hate just the scent or the entire dish in general (my family always made it home made so it's nothing like what you'd get frozen or in the store - sometimes my dad would put chunks of ham in it... he could have put chunks of Spam in it and called it Mac n Cheese ala YNWTF!)

I'm one of those weird people who love ketchup on their mac n cheese! I remember doing this when I worked in a cafeteria and the entire place screamed "Ewww!" when I streamed some ketchup on my snack. I couldn't figure out what was bothering them!

English Peas. The periods were for emphasis lol.

I love mac n cheese BUT absolutely hate the smell of English peas. Mom used to cook that combo a lot as a kid so the mix of smells was always too much for me.

Soam alone us tolerable. But ketchup?? Dude.

English Peas. The periods were for emphasis lol.

I love mac n cheese BUT absolutely hate the smell of English peas. Mom used to cook that combo a lot as a kid so the mix of smells was always too much for me.

Soam alone us tolerable. But ketchup?? Dude.

I also have to have ketchup on scrambled eggs.