IT Chapter 2

Tools    

Damn, that trailer scared the ***** out of me! Looks awesome! I had my reservations about casting Jessica Chastain, but she seems perfect for the role. Can't wait!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
Gotta respect the trailers that manage to use a single scene for at least half their duration.

I am hooked to that scene in the trailer. I love the casting for this chapter as well. 2 years of waiting seems worth it.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Absolutely terrifying. Geriatric nudity that is.

I'm starting to think Skarsgard got cast because of the eye alone.

I need to watch the first one again from a few years ago. Can't remember if I just liked it or actually loved it. These trailers are terrific though.

I watched a load of videos on youtube today and surprised to find one screenwriter walked away from It because the studio wouldn't allow certain very dark scenes that he wanted in the movie and the kid actors didnt want one disturbing scene to happen (but they went with most of his screenplay anyway) I cant help but think what it would have been like with those "graphic" scenes in it, one of which did sound truly horrific, the director has also just revealed the runtime for Chapter 2 will be a hefty 2 hour 45 mins
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

I watched a load of videos on youtube today and surprised to find one screenwriter walked away from It because the studio wouldn't allow certain very dark scenes that he wanted in the movie and the kid actors didnt want one disturbing scene to happen (but they went with most of his screenplay anyway) I cant help but think what it would have been like with those "graphic" scenes in it, one of which did sound truly horrific, the director has also just revealed the runtime for Chapter 2 will be a hefty 2 hour 45 mins
Well, I admit my interest is piqued. Maybe spoiler tag them if they're too dark.

There was some pretty eh stuff in the books that they left out (wisely, in my inclination).

This movie will be easier to talk about in conversation.

Two movies I hate trying to talk to people about is It and The One.

It's like doing a Who's on First skit except you're not trying to.

Just like I hate telling people my last name is good and then they proceeded to ask me what it is. I'm like "Good!"

At least with It chapter two they'll know what I'm talking about movie easier.

I really love the IT movies but t he remake is so.. IDK, digitalized and faked, the old one was more realistic tho, but it's just my own opinion, waiting to see the IT 2.

Well, I admit my interest is piqued. Maybe spoiler tag them if they're too dark.

There was some pretty eh stuff in the books that they left out (wisely, in my inclination).
I think there’s some pretty eh stuff in all of Kings books, apart from a couple of his short stories, one which comes to mind was 1408.. (movie was rubbish)

Yeah such as Pennywise’s arch enemy being a giant tortoise 🤣

Spoiler tags in a movie?

I thought it wasn't bad. It could easily have been 30 or so minutes shorter. Loved the cameo by a certain someone. The main issues for me were:

WARNING: spoilers below

There was very little of Pennywise in the first half. And even when he did appear it seemed like it was forced.

They really did a bad job with Eddie's character, or maybe it's just a bad actor who seems weak compared to the rest of the cast. All despite him getting a honourable ending.

I don't know why, but the actor playing Eddie really reminded me of the actor who played Eddie in the mini series. There's also a cameo from young Ben from the mini series that I didn't spot
WARNING: spoilers below
my reaction after the film was "well that was a pile of s**t!" And I'm sticking with it. It was a Disney movie compared to chapter 1 in terms of scary, the losers club were great for me but it was just a mediocre story that was executed badly, the ending was one of the worst in cinema history for me, Pennywise goes from one of the greatest performances in chapter 1 to not doing much in 3 quarters of chapter 2 to a shrivelled up weird baby Pennywise as if someone clicked their fingers to make it happen (which would've been a better ending than "believe he's a baby")
I thought that was the most disappointed I'd been after a sequel, until I was reminded about Transformers: Dark of the Moon, then I calmed down significantly

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I watched this Friday on my day off. Very quickly:

I thought the visuals were great. I agree with a poster above that it could have been 20-30 minutes shorter. Acting in the first 20-30 minutes was weak and felt like a made-for-TV movie but eventually it settled into a decent pace.

WARNING: "Plot considerations marked as a precaution!" spoilers below
There were a few very interesting, but ultimately useless red herrings. My feelings are either expand on them or remove them to save on run time. Sadly, they were more interesting that what is really going on in the story.

Acting was average but, surprisingly, Bill Hader saved the movie for me. Several times! I did not care much for the ending and while the attention given to the individual characters was nice, it ran on far too long and quickly felt like a modern effects version of A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors. That is not a bad thing, mind you. Encounters were mostly fun, but it did feel a bit predictable and rehashed after a while. Oddly enough, there was a shot near the end of the movie showing an old movie reader board listing A Nightmare on Elm Street playing in the Derry theater. Huh...

All in all it was still fun, especially with Hader's control of humor helping to break the dry acting and sometimes awkward story. Obviously watch it if you invested into the first chapter. I've never read a King book and never really had interest but watching this movie made me question, several times, that if this (and most any other movie adaptation except for The Shining) is representative of the stories he writes, then I don't get it.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear