Bill and Ted 3 (Bill and Ted Face the Music)

Tools    

Bill & Ted 3

Release Date: TBA
Studio: Not yet known
Director: Dean Parisot
Screenwriter: Chris Matheson, Ed Solomon
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter

Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter have officially confirmed that a third "Bill & Ted" film is in the early planning stages.

Though no specific plot details are available, Winter did suggest that the film will take place in proportionate real time to the original, meaning that the as-of-yet-untitled story will be set roughly two decades after 1989's "Excellent Adventure" and it's 1991 sequel, "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey."

Reeves revealed that "When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened," he said. "So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back."

Source: ComingSoon

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think some might be interested in seeing this film. Personally, I am not one of them. I might check out the first two movies to change that, however.

I'm a huge fan of the Bill & Ted movies, especially Bogus Journey. Rumors have been circulating about a potential third movie for years, but nothing has come of it, so I had kind of given up hope. Maybe they'll finally get the ball rolling on this thing before the next one has to take place in a retirement home.

In the Beginning...
I love the first two, but I wonder if we really need a third. I feel like the franchise has more than aged out of relevance, if there was ever any relevance to begin with. It also seems more of a "niche" film than, say, Dumb & Dumber, which has the ability to appeal to a wider audience.

Also, part of the reason Bill and Ted worked before is because they were largely products of the decades in which they were made. Can a third one really do the same for the milleni-teens that the originals did for the 80s and 90s?

In the Beginning...
Yeah, if it must be made, hopefully they can get some groundswell cash through Kickstarter and make something primarily for the fans, rather than have to be beholden to the whims of some studio. That never turns out well for stuff like this.

Keanu Reeves has been interviewed.

Apparently the new film's script features "numerous versions of Bill and Ted".

Nothing else revealed yet though.

Well, both the other films had them meeting each other, and had "robot good usses" and "robot bad usses"...

Apparently the new film's script features "numerous versions of Bill and Ted".
Cool. Maybe they travel through the multiverse.

Possible...

I lied, I found some more news... Keanu Reeves has also said that for the past few years, this film and script has been built with the fans watching and people are getting antsy about it taking so long and has said he feels bad that certain things were leaked so early and now the fans have to sit through years of "the boring stuff like preproduction".

Basically, Reeves has apologised to the fans for having to suffer the boring processes behind making a movie.

Lol! Yeah... it'll be interesting to see different older versions of the original heroes... and different older versions of multiverse heroes...

At least the original writers and cast are on board... be a lot of fun I reckon.

My feeling is it won't happen.

Especially since I think Dumb & Dumber To is going to bomb. That will scare away the idea of making other sequels about stupid duos from over 20 years ago.

Bill And Ted has a bigger following though.

It also has better longevity and also made a massive impact on people's lives more than D&D did.

The audience for Bill And Ted 3 will be our age tbh. People from 30-40 years old.
I mean, I was 7 when it came out and was 9 when the sequel was released... and am 32 now, I'm at the younger end of the fan spectrum for the films.

Sure, there will have been fans found since then, but the initial release of the first two films caught people who are now in their early 30s.

I agree with Sleezy:

I love the first two, but I wonder if we really need a third. I feel like the franchise has more than aged out of relevance, if there was ever any relevance to begin with. It also seems more of a "niche" film than, say, Dumb & Dumber, which has the ability to appeal to a wider audience.

Also, part of the reason Bill and Ted worked before is because they were largely products of the decades in which they were made. Can a third one really do the same for the milleni-teens that the originals did for the 80s and 90s?
Personally, I don't remember the first movie coming out. I do remember the second movie when it came out at the time... but it's kind of vague.

Don't they time travel through a phone booth? It might work if it can attract Doctor Who fans.

But seriously -- they're 50 years old now. Ride the wagon and make your sequels soon after each other. The last one was in 1991. They had the rest of the '90s and beyond to make more. Why didn't they? Youth is just a better time for something like this.

Found on screen rant that Alex Winter gave an interview to The Next Web / Cinemablend.

He says recently that he's "spent more time developing the characters than not" and that the movie will be about the World saving work Bill & Ted do has not happened fully yet and they have to find out why and what they're doing wrong.
He's also said this new film will be funnier "because they're older and haven't really changed".

Found on screen rant that Alex Winter gave an interview to The Next Web / Cinemablend.

He says recently that he's "spent more time developing the characters than not" and that the movie will be about the World saving work Bill & Ted do has not happened fully yet and they have to find out why and what they're doing wrong.
He's also said this new film will be funnier "because they're older and haven't really changed".
Read this in late 2014/early 2015. I have a feeling this won't see the light of day. Let alone in this decade. Keanu has John Wick 2 and Replicas in post production both coming out in 2016. Plus who knows what else Reeves is doing soon after. Alex Winter hasn't done anything worthy since Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey in '91. So he might be the only person ready to do a part 3 anytime soon. Although anything can happen.

As for a part 3 (whatever it is called if it's made), I hope it's done right.