My New "Retro Hub" (For Retro Video & Games)

Tools    

Welcome
To My New "Retro Hub"

The "Retro Hub" in Action

(Now Playing: Friday the 13th)

(Now Playing: Super Mario Bros. [NES])

(Still Shot of the "Retro Hub" in Action)

(Room for Two Players)
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

You ready? You look ready.
Oh man, this is giving me major flashbacks. The Friday the 13th game is hard AF to beat and I remember it giving me the creeps. Even in the middle of the day with the sun shining

Welcome
To My New "Retro Hub"

The "Retro Hub" in Action

(Now Playing: Friday the 13th)

(Now Playing: Super Mario Bros. [NES])

(Still Shot of the "Retro Hub" in Action)

(Room for Two Players)
*steals the n64 n runs off* just kidding lol ahh jealous of u that u have n64 my brother took my n64 when he moved out

Latest Addition
And Just When It Wasn't Safe... Fooled Ya! (And Myself, Really!)
It's a Three-Parter For Now! (Will This Hub Eventually Find Its Way to the Deep Reaches of Space!?)
A Backwards Compatible Gameboy Advance SP...
... and a Nintendo 3DS!

It's a nice little setup....

mine is
TV
- Region free blu-ray player
- Laser Disc player
- Nintendo
- Switch
- Amazon Fire Stick
- Retro Freak
- PC Tower

And then I rotate out
-Pandora's 5 Arcade system
-Playstation 2
-Gamecube
-N64

If we're talking about other additional set ups... then perhaps I should tell you...

This isn't even my room's Final Form...

Outside of the "Retro Hub," I've got some other set ups... (in this shot):

- HDTV
- Region Free DVD/Blu-Ray
- Record Player
- Klipsch Speakers, (for both HDTV and Record Player)
- iMac
- My Film & Game Shelves
- and 15 Long Comic Boxes for Book, Comic, and Manga Storage

What I really envy is your Laserdisc set up! Where did you get yours?

Right now, the "Pi" I have is to host to slew of “Preview” games, and I’m hoping to save for and buy the titles I enjoy from that system CIB even if it costs me a fortune to do so. The thing I crave in this life is art. I love being surrounded by it. So to have a game I fancy. To have the box art. The pamphlets. The extras. All the "detail" that went into production, etc. It really means a lot to me and gets me going in the morning. On my "main" other walls is going to host various generational consoles, (like SEGA Systems, Xbox, etc.)... but too that wall is going to host my art supplies. Easels for painting, cameras for photo and film, keyboards and other music supplies, (in fact on another wall I have a guitar set up), anything I can find inspiration from or make art out of. I just love collecting and surrounding myself with art. I collect and savor it. As a matter of fact, when I was a baby it was discovered I couldn't sleep well unless I was surrounded by movie advertisements in my crib. I'd point to film adverts in the newspaper and my grandmother and mother would clip them out and we'd tape them all around me. They found I slept better that way. Ever since then nothing has changed. If I'm not surrounded by film, art, or anything "artistic"... I don't sleep well at night...

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Oh man, this is giving me major flashbacks. The Friday the 13th game is hard AF to beat and I remember it giving me the creeps. Even in the middle of the day with the sun shining

Watch a speed runner beat it in less than 10 minnies 🥺

I wonder if anyone ever paid full price for that game? I know my copy was a K&B discount special.

Update:

(Getting it Clean)

Custom Box Made for Gaming Controllers

ARTISTE Wireless TV Headphones for Night Time Use of the Hub

Raspberry Pi w/ HDMI to AV Converter:
(plays Most Old Systems w/ Thousands + Games Up to the N64 and PS Generations)

Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP:
(plays Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance Games)

Nintendo 3DS:
(plays Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS Games)

Nintendo Entertainment System

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Playstation 2:
(plays Playstation and Playstation 2 Games)

and

a SAMSUNG SV-5000W World Wide Video VHS VCR PAL SECAM NTSC Converter

and

a Nintendo 64

Labeled Cables for Easy Distinction

The Set Up Together:

Soon to Come This Week from eBay:

A Nintendo GameCube

Update:

(Recent Add-Ons)

VHS Rewinder.
(To Keep My VCR in Good Shape.)

Nintendo GameCube
(Plus Photo/Game Demonstration. It works!)

The "Hub Dedication/Memorial"

To my very young cousin who died of a brain tumor at the age of thirteen...
... most of this "equipment" came from him...
... and it will forever remind me of playing games with him many years ago...
... not cousins, more like brothers...

The Set Up Together:

Next Installment:

... Won't be for sometime until I can install more shelving in the room...
... but perhaps a LaserDisc Player between then and now...

Hope You've Been Enjoying This "Blast from the Past!"

Adieu!

GameCube is the best

And I especially like how you haven’t invested in a switcher. It really ain’t retro unless you’re unplugging the RCAs to switch consoles.

I don’t know the back story, but this is a fitting tribute from the sounds of it

GameCube is the best

And I especially like how you haven’t invested in a switcher. It really ain’t retro unless you’re unplugging the RCAs to switch consoles.

I don’t know the back story, but this is a fitting tribute from the sounds of it
Thanks man! What you said really means a lot to me. Thanks for the encouragement.

I tried to share this on reddit on the r/retrogaming subforms and they acted like a bunch of sociopathic jerks about it saying in as much as: "Shame, guess your cousin never lived to see the Xbox Series X." ... and like... wow... wasn't going to "rise to the occasion" on this "beautiful place" we call the internet. But if people are going to behave like animals, I just rather delete my post and unsubscribe...

... bottom line...

movieforums, and your comment, is very refreshing to me! Thanks again!

And yes, I agree, I "thought" of investing in a "switcher" but I decided against it for said reason... the only thing I wanted that was remotely "not retro" was the wireless headphones as, if I'm up at night I want to be able to enjoy this "Hub" without waking up other people in my house...

As for the story,

I had a cousin who was about 8 years or so younger than I was, but at about the ages of 10 or 11 he started to develop a brain tumor. He an I were very close and often our relatives made comments about how similar he and I were to each other. At thirteen he passed away, and at and around that time I was about 20ish or so and my bipolar I disorder was getting worse and developing into schizophrenia... fifteen very long years later, now that I'm developing some sense of consciousness again, (as is typical of my disorder, apparently most find reprieve around mid-thirties) ... the thought of my cousin, and other things, never left... so I wanted to make a fitting tribute to him...

I am building my own retro gaming setup, and this is the cornerstone of the project.

I still have my N64 and PS2. I stupidly sold my Sega Genesis years ago, but I just snagged one off eBay tonight for more than I care to admit. Lesson learned: don’t sell your favorite game console ever to buy weed.