Klytus, I'm BORED.

Tools    

This thread is about boredom...

I realize I'm never REALLY bored since there are always a million things to do...
I'm just often not in the mood to do any of the things I SHOULD be doing.

You could arrange your sock drawer, count how many spoons are in the kitchen, you could re-draw the zodiak constellations and rename them after super heroes you've thought of...OR you could just explain who or what is Klytus?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm just often not in the mood to do any of the things I SHOULD be doing.
You're not bored. You're lazy.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You could arrange your sock drawer, count how many spoons are in the kitchen, you could re-draw the zodiak constellations and rename them after super heroes you've thought of...OR you could just explain who or what is Klytus?
That item about the constellations is kind of bizarrely coincidental as a couple decades back I created another race as part of my personal comic book universe... somewhat inspired by the Inhumans, the Eternals and the New Gods.

I had a few characters that didn't have decent origin stories and I came up with the idea that they belonged to an ancient branch of humanity called the Stellations. To come up with names for their people I got an astronomy book and combined names of constellations to create the names for the characters.

Their origin is that in the year 8000 B.C. the Earth went through the tail of a comet which effected all human fetuses in their third trimester of gestation - all these children were born, unknowingly, with exceedingly long life spans (after hitting adulthood; 1 year for an average human would equal 1000 years for a Stellation). Each Stellation also has an alternate form they can transform into (to do with whatever their amalgam constellation name is).

All the Stellations felt drawn to a particular area where they congregated over the course of millennia as a separate & secret branch of humanity. Eventually, the land they were drawn to broke off from the mainland and became a floating island the inhabitants call Stellatia (some say it contributed to the legend of Atlantis).

"Klytus" was from the movie Flash Gordon (1980) and the title of the thread is taken from the opening words of the movie spoken by Ming the Merciless (Max Von Sydow)! That opening led directly into Queen's epic theme song for the movie.

Heh! I was a pretty regular viewer of Voyager... but I either don't remember this or never saw it. What was the context? A dream sequence? A Holodeck fantasy?
None of the above. Trans-dimensional aliens mistake Lt. Paris Captain Proton holodeck program as reality. So it involves the entire episode. I should've posted the full 3 minute clip instead of the 1 minute clip.
Bride of Chaotica! Memory Alpha

Full clip

You're not bored. You're lazy.
That's part of it, but it's something of a paradox...

I am lazy in some respects, but once I start working I'm like a workhorse - almost like I can't stop. I'm also a perfectionist, so every task ends up taking me far longer than I'd anticipated. Knowing these aspects in advance, I'm a bit afraid to start anything knowing how it will consume both me and my time.

Anyone else like this?

Reminds me of something I once heard on one of those Hoarder shows - a psychologist said these apparently lazy, disorganized, out of control people are ACTUALLY perfectionists!
And that is part of their problem - they actually want things super organized in their minds, but as they acquire things they begin to realize they cannot organize things to the level they want, so they become overwhelmed and give up trying with the attitude that if I can't have things the exact way I think they are supposed to be, then it's not worth working on any of it gradually. The other part of their problem is they keep acquiring stuff and / or won't get rid of anything, and soon they are buried in mounds of disorganized stuff.

Don't know if that's true or that it would apply to all hoarders - but I think there is something to it on some level.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Heh! I was a pretty regular viewer of Voyager... but I either don't remember this or never saw it. What was the context? A dream sequence? A Holodeck fantasy?
None of the above. Trans-dimensional aliens mistake Lt. Paris Captain Proton holodeck program as reality. So it involves the entire episode. I should've posted the full 3 minute clip instead of the 1 minute clip.
Bride of Chaotica! Memory Alpha

Full clip

I know that I must have seen this because I watched every episode of ST: Voyager when it originally aired, but I don't remember this episode either. It looks like a fun episode. I'll have to dig out my DVDs and watch it again.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That's part of it, but it's something of a paradox...

I am lazy in some respects, but once I start working I'm like a workhorse - almost like I can't stop. I'm also a perfectionist, so every task ends up taking me far longer than I'd anticipated. Knowing these aspects in advance, I'm a bit afraid to start anything knowing how it will consume both me and my time.

Anyone else like this?

Reminds me of something I once heard on one of those Hoarder shows - a psychologist said these apparently lazy, disorganized, out of control people are ACTUALLY perfectionists!
And that is part of their problem - they actually want things super organized in their minds, but as they acquire things they begin to realize they cannot organize things to the level they want, so they become overwhelmed and give up trying with the attitude that if I can't have things the exact way I think they are supposed to be, then it's not worth working on any of it gradually. The other part of their problem is they keep acquiring stuff and / or won't get rid of anything, and soon they are buried in mounds of disorganized stuff.

Don't know if that's true or that it would apply to all hoarders - but I think there is something to it on some level.

You pretty much just described me to a "T". I've been called a combination of Oscar Madison from "The Odd Couple", (messy), and Adrian Monk from "Monk"(organized). Hubby always complains that I don't throw anything away, so I try to find places for everything, but then I just end up reorganizing stuff, which feels like it takes forever, so I just give up, and put things wherever they fit.

That's probably why parts of my DVD collection are organized alphabetically and by genre, and other parts are just thrown haphazardly on the shelf wherever I can find room for them.

Chairman of the bored?

Sometimes boredom is actually loneliness (and vice versa).

So, here's a Doctor with a few tips for living on your lonesome...

I'm bored, I should go film some UFOs. But unfortunately video clips of UFOs have crashed in value so really why waste my time?

I'm bored, I should go film some UFOs. But unfortunately video clips of UFOs have crashed in value so really why waste my time?
Tip #4... Make your own UFO videos!
Take a tea saucer or Frisbee, throw it up in the air and snap a video of it before it falls back to the ground! Then show it to people and say, "Look! It's a UFO". Then have a friend who knows how put it on YouTube!

Tip #4... Make your own UFO videos!
Take a tea saucer or Frisbee, throw it up in the air and snap a video of it before it falls back to the ground! Then show it to people and say, "Look! It's a UFO". Then have a friend who knows how put it on YouTube!
I don't need to fake them. UFOs are a daily thing around here

I don't need to fake them. UFOs are a daily thing around here

In that case, have you been abducted?

I heard a comedian tell a joke, but it really helped set my mind at ease... it went something like...

If aliens are so advanced that they can travel thousands of light years from the other side of the galaxy in ships so far beyond our technology than we can't even imagine, then they probably wouldn't need something as primitive & invasive as an anal probe to see what your insides look like!

In that case, have you been abducted?

I heard a comedian tell a joke, but it really helped set my mind at ease... it went something like...

If aliens are so advanced that they can travel thousands of light years from the other side of the galaxy in ships so far beyond our technology than we can't even imagine, then they probably wouldn't need something as primitive & invasive as an anal probe to see what your insides look like!
Ab duck tag
No little naked grey androgenous Martians are going to take me anywhere. I will snap their scrawny toothpick limbs and poke those huge eyes out. I'm going straight to defensive combat procedure.