Type of people in Hollywood

Tools    

Just today I saw a new article about a CAA agent being fired for grabbing crotch of another man.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...t-exec-1147025

With all the news coming up. Is there an unknown breed of human beings that we are not aware of ? The highly intelligent and skilled people that are predators in terms of detecting others weaknesses. People who violate and exploit other people. I know what a bully is. But these people are beyond that. They seem to be much more vile and evil. Most these people seem to be top executives and highly powerful. Does this behavior necessary to be at the top or does it come by being at the top positions ?

I think the industry both disproportionately attracts a specific type of person, and makes people more like that once they're there.

This.

It's like in Britain right now there's a huge thing about paedophilia.
And the most disturbing thing, is there's a huge amount of them being outed, and they're teachers, social workers, child-group workers like sports clubs and stuff... and recently, where I live, there was a child grooming gang uncovered, been going on since the 1980s... and the perpetrators were all social workers and foster carers.

In terms of Hollywood, look at Corey Feldman.
He's been talking for decades about all this stuff, and nobody took him seriously... then, once the cat was out of the bag, he stepped up again and named his and Corey Haim's abuser... who was an Agent for child actors.

The case back in the 2000s in the UK with Holly and Jessica... their murderer was the school janitor.

There's a lot of predatory types out there and Yods is right.
They see an opportunity to fulfil their obsessions, and they go for it. Sadly, a lot of the time, they get what they want.

I think the industry both disproportionately attracts a specific type of person, and makes people more like that once they're there.
Yeah, I think its the circumstances changing the people and the type of people who have this desire to get whats prohibited by society. So these people choose professions that give them room to satisfy their desires. A child care worker is allowed to be in the presence of kids and not questioned when he is walking around with kids..that attracts certain kind of creeps.

What gets me is how celebrities, actors, rock stars are sort of "expected" to be above the law. And that there's some sort of credibility factor involved in this.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Like the Catholic Church.

World today has just changed radically from my perspective. People are exploring alot of bothering things that someone normal could not do that.

well hollywoods a remarkable community with a great history.
the obvious things against it are so obvious there's really no need to list them over again.

Power is a hell of a drug.
It sure is. Especially when combined with immense wealth.

As a Catholic, I think I’m gonna let this one go.
You might be misunderstanding what @gandalf26 meant. I 'think'? he meant the Catholic Church officials were the ones that threatened film makers back in the late 1920s early 1930s with legislation if Hollywood didn't stop making 'immoral movies'. Hence the Production Code of 1932 was born with self enforced censorship.

You might be misunderstanding what @gandalf26 meant. I 'think'? he meant the Catholic Church officials were the ones that threatened film makers back in the late 1920s early 1930s with legislation if Hollywood didn't stop making 'immoral movies'. Hence the Production Code of 1932 was born with self enforced censorship.
I took it as a reference to the various child molestation/sex scandals that have plagued it.

I hadn’t the faintest idea what he was referencing, but, as I said, I decided not to get into anything. I wasn’t offended or anything like this.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I took it as a reference to the various child molestation/sex scandals that have plagued it.
I would like to confirm that this was what I meant. At least I think that's the case since it's been a year and I have no memory of this post.

And what is it with the Hollywood divorce rate?

(Upon which I must again congratulate Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick - married 31 years & a first marriage for both of them!)