Top 50 Favourites - Optimus

→ in
Tools    

I need to track down your list and have a look at it.
I just saw you gave me a bunch of rep for my Top 50 List from 2010. I still love all those movies, but my Top 100 is more recent. I need to redo it again though, it's been three years.

42. Rocky II

"Why do you have to wear that stinkin' sweatsuit?"
A sequel that packs a punch -- haha. No but seriously, Rocky II is just as good, just as exciting, and just as well written as the original. I much prefer the ending in this movie, and it delivers that feel good factor just as well as Rocky.

41. Toy Story 3

"I should have seen this coming! It's Emily all over again!"
The Toy Story trilogy is one of the best trilogy's ever made, so it's only fair i include one of the movies. The third in the series is not only the best movie in the trilogy, its also the best animated movie ever made. Fun characters, great story, and a ton of heart make this the perfect family movie.

40. Flight

"Nobody could've landed that plane like I did."
Denzel Washington is one of the finest actors around, and Flight showcases maybe his best performance yet. Across the board the cast all deliver some fine performances, topped with a great story and Flight had to make my list.

39. The Lost Boy's

" Great! The Bloodsucking Brady Bunch!"
Bad acting, cheesy lines, very camp characters, and catchy 80's soundtracks are all reasons to avoid a movie these days. But back in 1987 all those things made this fantastic movie. The Lost boys is one of the coolesr movies i've ever seen and another easy pick for my list.
Only reason voted was for Lost Boys and Rocky 2 in that bunch of films.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I just saw you gave me a bunch of rep for my Top 50 List from 2010. I still love all those movies, but my Top 100 is more recent. I need to redo it again though, it's been three years.
I'll have to work my way through it. I like to see other members lists, and see what they enjoy watching.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I loved the first sequel to Rocky! Almost as good as the original and it expanded on the story, universe and characters perfectly. Just like with Halloween II, I think the two movies very much go hand in hand.

Toy Story and its sequel was probably my favorite films as a child. I even had a shirt from Toy Story 2 and I still love them to this day. For me though,the third film was a let down. I liked elements of it, but overall I think it was just a safe route for the franchise to go in. A total rehash of the original films, notably the second one. A shame.

Flight was really good. I don't feel like watching it again though. It's a good one time watch biography and John Goodman is awesome (as always) in this! Denzel definitely brings it too.

Haven't seen The Lost Boys...

In my opinion i like rocky 2 better then Rocky 1 for they finally end the Apollo vs Rocky fight where Rocky wins and it meant something instead of non title fight.

In my opinion i like rocky 2 better then Rocky 1 for they finally end the Apollo vs Rocky fight where Rocky wins and it meant something instead of non title fight.
The fight in Rocky 1 meant something. But it was never about winning or losing, it was about his love for Adrian. Rocky 1 was a love story and I applaud it for not being a cliché with big fight and having the protagonist win like always.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Haven't seen Flight yet, its on the back burner.
Lost Boys IS something for nostalgia or otherwise don't bother. Now, I DO get caught up in it anytime I catch it on cable or what have you.
I remember Rocky II being pretty good though its been decades since seeing it.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Not too shabby so far. Of the first set I like Jaws and Roadhouse but hated 300. I was on board for about 15-20 minutes but then the gimmick of the visuals wore off and I found it a bit of a trudge to get through. Predator I used to love but have really gone off the last few times I've watched it. In fact I think there was recently a thread on here about films that get worse with every viewing, and that would be one of mine.

Your third set is the best so far for me. I love Rocky II and The Lost Boys and like Flight. Toy Story 3 is a strange one. The first time I saw it I absolutely loved it. The couple of viewings since then however have not reached those heights and at the moment I'd have it as my least favourite of the trilogy. Though I do still really like it.

The fight in Rocky 1 meant something. But it was never about winning or losing, it was about his love for Adrian. Rocky 1 was a love story and I applaud it for not being a cliché with big fight and having the protagonist win like always.
Agreed, i much prefer Rockys ending as well as his story with Adrian to Rocky 2.

Haven't seen Deadpool. Donnie Brasco is solid but not a big favourite of mine, the books is much better. SE7EN is my favourite Fincher and one of my favourite films overall. Con Air is not a good film but it is dumb fun.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Agreed, i much prefer Rockys ending as well as his story with Adrian to Rocky 2.

Haven't seen Deadpool. Donnie Brasco is solid but not a big favourite of mine, the books is much better. SE7EN is my favourite Fincher and one of my favourite films overall. Con Air is not a good film but it is dumb fun.
I have never read the book is it good yeah?.

Big plus rep for Se7en and Con Air. I haven't seen Donnie Brasco in a very long time, so can't say much about it. Deadpool was entertaining enough for a single watch but isn't something I want to see again.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The first Toy Story movie is my favorite of the trilogy, but I like the whole Toy Story trilogy, including Toy Story 3.

I haven't seen Flight, but I like Denzel Washington, and I've heard that it's a very good movie, so I'll probably watch it eventually.

The Lost Boys is one of the few vampire movies that I like, but I saw a free preview of it many years ago, (before it was released to the theaters), so I don't know if that was different from the released version.

Se7en is a very good movie, even though it isn't really my type of movie.

I saw the first few minutes of Con Air on TV many years ago, but I've never seen the rest of the movie. It looked like a good movie, but I hate Nicolas Cage, so I've never gotten around to seeing the rest of it.

I have yet to see Donnie Brasco... it's been on my watchlist for a very long time though so I'm definitely interested.

Se7en gets better and better with every viewing. It's a really solid piece of cinema and it looks great visually and you can almost feel the different sets of the movie.

Con Air is so much fun. Dumb, cheesy and over-the-too, bur it's entertaining as hell! Great memorable performance all-round too within the frame of the set-up of the movie.

Deadpool is pretty funny and overall a good time. I liked it a little more the second time around. But its negatives are also its positives. The humor and style it has is both funny at times and annoying and offputting.

Good selection never seen Donnie Brasco but liked Deadpool and Optimus must have copied my list for my last entry was Con Air in my action movie list. Seven is always a good solid film for any list.