Does anybody remember Bloodsport?

Tools    

Lol, proper guilty pleasure this is. For those who don't know, it's the Rocky of MMA films. It's pretty much vintage Jean Claude Van Damme at his cheesy 80's best.

This is where I prove that I don't give a **** about what other people think.

Yes . . . I own it.

It's funny how we change. It wasn't his acting. It was . . .

What?!?

I was very young!

I love this movie to. It is so bad!

Ouch!!!!

The best bad guy ever Chung Li. This guy had to have taken steriods.

The best bad guy ever Chung Li. This guy had to have taken steriods.
I share a birthday with him.

Bolo Yeung

I think it's very cool. Especially since this is the other actor I share a birthday with . . .

Which one would you brag about!?!

Ah, I just urled your first picture there, and . . .

That was another reason I watched his movies!

See, Usual, I had some love for the man!

Ah yes, blast from the past. Good stuff indeed. And even if Frank Dux is completely full of crap (which he probably is) you've got to hand it to him. He made himself a nice chunk of change by making his "story" public about "The Kumite".

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
guilty pleasure. Yep.

And I think that Bolo guy was a body builder.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I met Van Damme once, he was really upset because the lawyers were screwing him around on his purchase of a new condo or something. He needed some info, I supplied it, he was really nice, and then he returned to sit with his assistants cursing away, it was kind of funny.

I used to love Bloodsport as a kid, but something tells me if I watched it now I wouldn't be as impressed, so I'll just leave it as is.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bloodsport! After that movie everyone in my class thought they were martial artists! Break time was never the same

Bloodsport will always hold a place in my heart. The movie is a classic and one of the gems in the Cannon portfolio! I would watch it any day of the week.

On a related note people should see JCVD for more Jean-Claude goodness, it is actually a good movie.

A system of cells interlinked
I used to watch it when it first came out, and I was into Martial Arts. I doubt I would dig it now...

Bloodsport was a great movie at the time. I recently ran into Kickboxer on the TV and watched it. That was a good movie too. Denise Alexia (real kickboxer was in the movie)....

Don't forget to mention JCVD coming out soon. Trailer at apple....I would post the link but have under 10 posts.... sorry.

No! best JCVD movie was Cyborg. He is so bad. Its embarrassing to admit he was the hot stuff back in the day. but then, so was Steven Segal, and look where that got them.

hard to believe he was a ballet dancer. the bodybuilder chick he married, divorced and remarried was almost as much a beefcake as is. read something (watched something? not sure) that explained that guys like these (read: JCVD, Steven Segal, Wesley Snipes, etc.) get stuck in one genre of film and never graduate: unfortunately for them martial arts movies took a turn for the softer side, and left behind in the 80s the blood soaked revenge dramas.

that explained that guys like these (read: JCVD, Steven Segal, Wesley Snipes, etc.) get stuck in one genre of film and never graduate: unfortunately for them martial arts movies took a turn for the softer side, and left behind in the 80s the blood soaked revenge dramas.
Wesley Snipes really doesn't fit in that category. He's gone a lot farther than those two, and he did more genres of movies. Major League being the first comedy that comes to mind.

yeah yeah yeah, I'd have said To Wong Fu: Thanks For Everything, but to each her own.

Im still right, though, because like crabs in a barrel, the genre has grabbed hold of Wesley and dragged him right back down into turning out B List 80s type movies in the millenium. The Art of War II, anyone? anyone?

yeah yeah yeah, I'd have said To Wong Fu: Thanks For Everything, but to each her own.
I said it was the first one that came to my mind. I own, and like them both the same, actually. He still has gone way past Steven Seagal, and Jean Claude Van Damme. I'm not sure what The Art of War II: Betrayal has to do with this. It doesn't even sound like a martial arts movie. Also, it was just made last year. You said . . . "they get stuck in one genre of film and never graduate". We were talking about martial arts movies from the 80's, and I showed you that he has made others, unlike the other two. That's all.

This, it is true. I somewhat recant under the weight of your specific logic! Yes, Wesley has made films in other genres. And yes, Wesley (and Steven Segal, AND JCVD) is still churning out 80s-style psuedo-martial arts revenge dramas (like the Art of War II). And they are almost all B-list, straight-to-video movies.

That is all.