What scenes give you the "Chillbumps"?

Tools    

Everytime I see the scene from Crash where
WARNING: "Crash" spoilers below
the little girl runs to her dad right before the iraq man shoots, and noone gets injured or killed.

That was one of the best scenes of any movie I have ever seen, and I don't really know why.

… chillbumps and shivers are basically one and the same…

Hi Jelly, welcome to Mofo… in the future, please remember to use spoilers in case someone hasn't seen the movie under discussion yet... thanks...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I thought i was the only person who got them and was too embarssed to mention it.

Lots of scenes give me the 'chillbumps', Infernal Affairs gives me a fair amount.

the "bite the curb" scene in American History X. thats all i could think of for now

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
… chillbumps and shivers are basically one and the same…

Hi Jelly, welcome to Mofo… in the future, please remember to use spoilers in case someone hasn't seen the movie under discussion yet... thanks...
Thanks for the welcome, and I am sorry for not remember to put that. It won't happen again!

Whoever said the American History X scene..I totally agree!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The Haunting (1963) - when the knocking starts on the walls
Angels in America - the appearance of the angel
The Sixth Sense - the ring rolling
Blair Witch Project - the turn toward the wall

alien
titanic (in the beginning when they show what is left of the ship and towards the end when the ship sinks)
a night to remember does that to me too
the end of wait until dark
jaws (when you see the shark for the first time)

Welcome to the human race...
At the end of Apocalypse Now, the music that plays as Willard takes Lance from the crowd just gives me chillbumps. It's a pregnant moment, that.

Also, the point near the end of Spinal Tap where Nigel runs back onto the stage to the sound of massive cheers.

And the ending of The Warriors. "I guess the least we can do is play you a song..." and then comes a brilliant burst of music.

Arresting your development
Now when you say "chillbumps" we're talking protruding nipples right? Because mine don't shiver right.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
In LOTR when Galadriel has her psychadelic freakout moment where desire for the power of the ring overcomes her. The other is in Pet Sematary whenever it shows the sister in the attic. I hope to experience that again in a film someday...but it's such a rare feeling. I get it more often from music.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
LOTR return of the king : When Bernard Hill ahem I mean King Theoden is preparing his troops about to charge on the lines of mordor at minas tirith. Electrifying.

Walk to remember : when Landon is upset and crying and the music starts up 'Dare you to move...'

Hmmm... this is a hard one, there are so many! Is it totally obvious to mention Braveheart? I think I had goosebumps for the duration of that one

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
the "bite the curb" scene in American History X. thats all i could think of for now
I couldn't erase that scene from my head after seeing it. One of the most disturbing ever.

I wouldn't call it chills/bumps; I'd call it disturbing/nauseating.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Originally Posted by Twain
I couldn't erase that scene from my head after seeing it. One of the most disturbing ever.

I wouldn't call it chills/bumps; I'd call it disturbing/nauseating.

I thought it was a very cool scene.

The end of the first Star Wars. When Luke, Han and Chewbacca walk down the aisle, between thousands of cheering rebels.

That gave me chills/bumps. Most of my chills and bumps come from movies where the protagonist has overcome seemingly insurmountable odds and won. Usually accompanied by powerful music that builds to a spine tingling crescendo.

Originally Posted by Twain
Most of my chills and bumps come from movies where the protagonist has overcome seemingly insurmountable odds and won. Usually accompanied by powerful music that builds to a spine tingling crescendo.
I know what you mean... I felt that when the one guy said, "Yeah!" after little Anakin blew up the Trade Federation ship in the Phantom Menace.

There's a scene in Mullholland Drive in which an old couple on an airplane turns to the camera and smiles. I almost **** my pants.

And we say to ourselves, "Well if that were in a movie, I wouldn't believe it."

www.myspace.com/randeath - me

www.myspace.com/animasana - my band