Does anybody remember Bloodsport?

Tools    

Well I've read that there's some heat between the two. So it wouldn't suprise me if it was true.

Wonder who'd win?

They'd probably just slap at each other for a few minutes buying time until someone broke it up.

Originally Posted by Sinny
SEAGAL AND VAN DAMME FISTICUFFS AT STALLONE PARTY

Action stars JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME and STEVEN SEAGAL came to blows in the late 1990s - after a row over which man was more tough. The pair squared up to one another at a party hosted by fellow action star Sylvester Stallone, in a bid to settle which actor could "kick the other's ass". Stallone tells British magazine FHM, "At a party in my home in Miami in 1997, Van Damme was tired of Seagal claiming he could kick his ass so he offered Seagal outside into my back yard. "Seagal made his excuses and left. But Van Damme, who was berserk, tracked him down at a nightclub and offered him out again." The pair's fight never materialised, but Stallone is confident who would have triumphed in the brawl. He adds, "Van Damme was too strong. Seagal wanted none of it."

05/02/2008 06:51:55
Originally Posted by Powdered Wawa
That's pretty funny, I wonder if that really happened.
I dunno, but Claude could kick the crap out of him. I am soooo sure of that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Seagal is a baby with a pony-tail and Van Damme would kick his ass.

Suspect's Reviews

Of course Van Damme would kick Seagal's butt. At least Van Damme is still in shape!

yeah, seagal used to look fit, but these days he looks like he indulged in a few drinks to many. Excess. NOT an actors friend. Now he looks like he's either had or will need a face lift or two....

Lol, proper guilty pleasure this is. For those who don't know, it's the Rocky of MMA films. It's pretty much vintage Jean Claude Van Damme at his cheesy 80's best.
haha best movie ever!!

Watched it recently. Its dated very badly and really looks very crappy even to 80's standards. I did enjoy it as a kid tho!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I really would not mind seeing a remake of Bloodsport, I think it could use it.

Update on that Bloodsport remake

Sep 7, 2011 in

Kumite! Kumite! The director of Salt will helm a remake of Bloodsport, the stunning action classic that launched Jean-Claude Van Damme’s career. That 1988 was based on Frank Dux’s career in the Kumite. What direction would this remake go in? Variety explains as they talked with its producer Edward Pressman:
Pressman said he expects the script by Robert Mark Kamen to be delivered in about a month’s time. The redo reportedly follows “an Afghanistan war vet, sick of violence, retreating to Brazil, only to be involved in a martial arts contest.”
The picture is budgeted at between $65 million-$75 million, but doesn’t have a distributor lined up just yet. Director Phillip Noyce is currently scouting locations and conducting research in the Brazilian city of Manaus, home of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
The original Bloodsport was a ring-set tournament,” said Pressman, who described Noyce’s movie to Variety as “more of a road movie, a journey.” He concluded it will be a “total reinvention”.

A system of cells interlinked
Yep - guilty pleasure for this guy right here, too. After I saw Cyborg (another terrible flick) in theater in the 80s, I tracked down Bloodsport on VHS and wore that tape right out.

"Now I show you a trick or two!"

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I'll be the first to say it; this movie is crap. And not even enjoyable crap.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Bloodsport and Kickboxer are both very enjoyable not to be taken too seriously martial art flicks. I am unashamed to say that I love them both.

Unfortunately most of Van Damme's work following these 2 gems was mostly pure crap. Enjoyed A.W.O.L and Universal Soldier but thats about it. Double Team wasn't bad either.

Of course Van Damme would kick Seagal's butt. At least Van Damme is still in shape!
Ha ha. Chuck Zitto kicked th s... out Van Damme in Studio 54 and Chuck Zito admidts that he wouldn't last a minute with Segal and really respects him.

Fantastic martial arts film, cult, legendary, call it whatever you like. Yes, very cheesy, but memorable, with Bolo Yeung as a great villain, and Van Damme with his superb physical form, and awful haircut

In 2009 I did an interview with David Worth (Bloodsport's director of photography, and director of Van Damme's KickBoxer), and among other things, he told me that they used a record number of cameras to record the fight scenes of the kumite tournament.

A movie that is best not watched again. I am sure if I watch it today I would think it is bad. So I prefer to leave the good memories alone But awesome movie when I was younger.

Blood Sport 1(not the sequels) was my most favorite movie of all time at one point.

I just love martial art tournament type movies, ie Blood Sport, Mortal Kombat, Battle Creek Brawl, Enter the Dragon!

It's certainly a hard film to dislike. Like gandalf said, it's enjoyable as long as you take it for what it is.