Sin City 2 and 3

Tools    

Man of La Movies
i'm pretty excited for 2 and 3. I just hope that they don't cop out and just go through the motions. Rodriguez and miller have to put the same degree of care and love into the sequels, or they'll just suck hardcore

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

Originally Posted by Sleezy
If it's true, IMDB hasn't published the changes yet:

Sin City 2
I know somebody who knows Frank, 'kay. Jolie and Depp are who he and Rodriquez want for the roles. As I said they won't start shooting until early next year anyway, so they have plenty of time to nail down the cast - whether they get their first choices or not. Neither has been signed, it's just who they want. Dig?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I know somebody who knows Frank, 'kay. Jolie and Depp are who he and Rodriquez want for the roles. As I said they won't start shooting until early next year anyway, so they have plenty of time to nail down the cast - whether they get their first choices or not. Neither has been signed, it's just who they want. Dig?
Jeez, calm down. I wasn't shedding doubt on what you said, I was just consulting IMDB and elsewhere in response to what you said. I'm interested in the news, and I'm inclined to watch for published confirmations. In fact, it seems likely that both actors might be cast, and I was hoping to see it posted. No offense intended.

man a Sin City 2 would be so awsome.the 1st one was awsome.i haven't read the comix so i would like to see a Dame to Kill For on the big screen.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
sleezy, offend him all you want! you have my permission.

I have further confirmation that angelina jolie is the lead, with comments from rosario dawson, along with notations on her pregnancy and how that will delay shooting:

http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.ph...ovie_near_you/

Angelina Jolie is set to star in the sequel to 'Sin City'.

The screen beauty - who is pregnant with lover Brad Pitt's baby - is reportedly being lined up to play the role of "A Dame To Kill" For in the second film.

The actress will start shooting 'Sin City 2' after she gives birth later this year.

Rosario Dawson, who is reprising her role as sexy hooker Gail, said: "The film's kind of been postponed because the director Robert Rodriguez has been interested in Angelina Jolie for the lead.

"But she's very pregnant right now. So that's putting an understandable hold on the film."

Someone needs their fill.
Rodrigez must have a real idea for the film if he's so set on waiting for Angelina Jolie to play the lead.

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
Sin City was a masterpiece. I dont hink it should be touched
Thats exactly right. Sin City was an awesome movie, and if they did the second or third one bad, it would ruin the first's reputation.

sin city 2 and 3 will be very hard sequels to make , hope they dont mess it up

Originally Posted by thehulkzinger
sin city 2 and 3 will be very hard sequels to make...
How so? They'll be faithfully adapting more of Frank's graphic novels in the same manner.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by thehulkzinger
sin city 2 and 3 will be very hard sequels to make , hope they dont mess it up
Please explain.

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
Sin City was a masterpiece. I dont hink it should be touched
Its a chapter in a very long book!

Someone needs their fill.
I think we can rest assured that they will do a good job with Sin City 2 and 3. Not long after Sin City 1 was released on DVD, and possibly before then, that already Rodriguez had plans for the second and even third enstallment of the series. In my opinon, him and Frank Miller have done an decent job bring the comic to screen with very very little cuts. It's something that I think is very rare to see when it comes to comic book adaptations.

Secondly, even if they do somehow to happen to screw up the story. I don't really care, I'm seeing it anyways. It just looks cool, and it's not often audiences get exposed to modern film noir with modern special effects.

Finally, just as a question. Is he still doing everything greenscreen or are there going to be some changes. Set building? Anyone?

the plan is/was to maintain the shooting style of the original (ie. greenscreen)

...update...

Sin City 2 pushed back even further? I've read on numerous sites that with Frank Miller now screenwriting and directing "Will Eisner's The Spirit"...his interest and pursuit of a Sin City 2 has been decreased even more so than before

Horrorphiliac

My little Dark Horse birdie told me that Angelina Jolie has agreed to play Femme Fatale Ava, and that now they're trying to woo Brad Pitt to play the pre-surgery Dwight in A Dame to Kill For.

My little Dark Horse birdie told me that Angelina Jolie has agreed to play Femme Fatale Ava, and that now they're trying to woo Brad Pitt to play the pre-surgery Dwight in A Dame to Kill For.
Angelina Jolie's role has been known for quite some time now...Brad Pitt though is a rumor.

Originally Posted by jrs
Angelina Jolie's role has been known for quite some time now...Brad Pitt though is a rumor.
Yeah, but Jolie hadn't ever actually agreed to do it, she was just number one on their wish list. She is officially in now. And the Pitt "rumor" I'm giving you is from Frank's longtime editor at Dark Horse.

But as you were.

She is officially in now.....
Working for moviesonline.ca in the past recent year I've caught alot interesting news and tidbits, and that was already pointed out.

It was such a unique flick. Super Violence + all internal monologue = gold apparently

cool