What makes you a film fanatic?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I'm a fanatic because movies make good conversations with women.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by John McClane
I'm a fanatic because movies make good conversations with women.
Until you get too into the conversation, and inadvertantly overwhelm them with dissertations about the use and effectiveness of color wash techniques in films like O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Traffic.

Yeah, don't do that. Trust me.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Sleezy
Until you get too into the conversation, and inadvertantly overwhelm them with dissertations about the use and effectiveness of color wash techniques in films like O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Traffic.

Yeah, don't do that. Trust me.
Yes, that does sound silly. Then again you are a silly goose.

I just love getting rapped up into a story. I have such an imagination sometimes I can see myself in the film and how I would be a part of it.

Films just have everything don't they
Nothing better than watching a really good movie

I really don't know. I just got hooked in 2000 when I was about 10 when I watched my first real movie Cast Away. After that I was asking my parents to take me to movies all the time. I just think its great to be able to leave your world and go into the world of the movie for about 1 1/2 to 3 hours.

Because I'm real fat and real lazy.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Boredom
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

I'm still gonna have to go with one of the largest privately owned movie collections in the tri-state area

What's In Your Woods
It is just great to sit back and remove yourself for just a little bit of time from the real world and enjoy and have time for yourself.

There is nothing really that makes me a film fanatic, I guess I like to eat expensive popcorn or something.

I watch movies in ways none of my friends can understand.

When people ask me if I wanna go see a movie with them, I sometimes say, 'I'm not a big fan of the director."

I ruin films for people by setting up every scene and giving my own commentary on it.

When I watch bad movies with people, I voice my opinion loudly pissing everyone off.

I've made three short films and I'm working on my first full length.

I can tell a camera just by looking at one shot with it.

I don't know, man, I just eat and breathe this stuff and hope to have a career doing it.

And we say to ourselves, "Well if that were in a movie, I wouldn't believe it."

www.myspace.com/randeath - me

www.myspace.com/animasana - my band

Just a girl who loves movies
Used to go a lot to the cinema in my younger days, read 'specialized' magazines, still look for nice movies to watch .. it's something I like ...

What makes me a film fanatic? That's easy. I love to curl up on my couch with my cat and a bowl of popcorn and sit back and become one with the stunning things a movie has to offer, such as a great storyline, the fantastic scenery, the character development, and the great musical scores. This all makes for a wonderful evening.

Movies are my life... About a movie a day... I go to school to study film and I do it for a living (Directing/Editing)... Films are so great! I don't think I could live without films, so I'd say I'm a film fanatic...
"Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two." - David Fincher

The fact that I'm always watching movies. I just popped in Best in Show, already watching Sawshank Redemption and Fight Club today. I waste quite a bit of time watching all of these films.

I just think the whole thing of putting a movie together is amazing. All the people involved that make it work(lighting, sound, Producers, Directors, Actors, and many more) to make something so incredible that people would want to come and pay $ and sit and watch. I am one of those people that while watching a movie I try and think what is going on behind the camera and how they did that and how many takes did it take do get it right and how it was edited and stuff like that. Sometimes I have to see a movie more then once to even get the point of the movie. Maybe this is why I want to go to film school after highschool.

Welcome to the human race...
Well, several years ago I used to be a dedicated gamer. However, with the recent increase in schoolwork and a couple of factors (e.g. the death of my PS2 memory card, lack of gaming money, etc etc etc) impeding my once-furious gaming habits, I needed a different pastime. Then I picked up a copy of 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die. Needless to say, I was intrigued and from there started seeing various different movies and thus made it my favourite hobby.

It's all good.

Is there a difference between a movie fanatic and a movie obsessed? I think I am just a movie lover lol. I don't have a bazillion movies. I haven't seen a bazillion movies either. But I love many and will defend my favorite movies til blood draws. I could get lost in movies and sometimes I think I'm in a movie....plus it is very comforting to curl up late at night with a bag of chippos and wear clean pajamas and nice clean sheets...I make a whole ritual out of it. So I guess it's the *whole* movie experience that makes me a lover.