can any1 request a movie for me to rent tonight?

Tools    

movies i own are: donnie darko, butterfly effect, the unsaid, boondock saints, memento, cabin fever, igby goes down, the rules of attraction, etc. and my favorite movie ever is american history x. can any1 please tlel me a good movie to rent? im all out of ideas.

Flash Gordon............yeah I said it.

District B13
Originally Posted by PermanentSleep86
, memento
I'm taking a film class and listed a choice besides memento was identity. Memento is definetly better, but Identity was pretty good.

If your into foreign cinema, try out Attack the Gas Station. That movie is the most hillarious thing I've seen in my entire life.

Glory still is one of my favorite movies, it tells a story that every American needs to hear.

So, identity, attack the gas station, and glory.

Thats my recommendation.

Welcome to the human race...
I recommend the following, each from a different genre of film. Odds are you'll like at least one of them.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (adventure)
Clerks (comedy)
Fight Club (drama)
The Terminator (science-fiction)
Akira (animation)
The Princess Bride (family)
Once Upon a Time in the West (western)
Apocalypse Now (war)
This Is Spinal Tap (music)
Police Story (martial-arts)
Battle Royale (horror)

Originally Posted by 7thson
Flash Gordon............yeah I said it.
Ditto

movies i own are: donnie darko, butterfly effect, the unsaid, boondock saints, memento, cabin fever, igby goes down, the rules of attraction, etc. and my favorite movie ever is american history x. can any1 please tlel me a good movie to rent? im all out of ideas.
Based on those movies listed...

Rushmore
Fresh
SE7EN
Dark City
12 Monkeys
Requiem for a Dream

For starters.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Iroquois
Battle Royale (horror)
you meant comedy, right? Unless I am thinking of a different Battle Royale..... The one I am thinking of was a poorly shot/edited japanese shock film that was more funny than shocking. Was that supposed to be horror? Oh, man, it's even worse than I thought...

Inconceivable!!

No, really, isn't it an adventure or action film? Maybe I need to watch it again or something, but I thought it was pretty bad, although very bold.

Anyway, you seem to like films about racism...maybe try Crash (Haggis, 2004).... Not great, but a decent film with some good performances.

Here are some movies that I suggest you rent:

Night of the Living Dead
Day of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead(original)
Evil Dead
Enter the Dragon
Fist of Fury
Requiem for a Dream
Clockwork Orange
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
Halloween
Game of Death
Lord of the Rings(all)
Taxi Driver
Collateral
Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2

and that about wraps it up.

Rent The Grudge!! Or Ju-On.. (though I doubt it is still in Blockbuster >.>)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
I recommend the following, each from a different genre of film. Odds are you'll like at least one of them.
I like the way you listed different categories.

Romancing the Stone...adventure
Something About Mary...comedy
A Few Good Men...drama
Alien/Aliens...science fiction
Heavy Metal...animation
Lean on Me...family (was that PG?)
MASH...war
Jesus Christ Superstar...music
Karate Kid...martial arts
Interview with the Vampire...horror

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Going from what's on your list I would definitely recommend The Machinist. Seven is also highly recommended if you haven't seen it.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

If you have three hours to kill and want not only a movie experience but a damn near religous one........rent Magnolia.

If you just wanna watch a great movie:

The Life Aquatic
Punch Drunk Love
I Heart Huckabees
Boogie Nights
American Beauty
Trainspotting

And we say to ourselves, "Well if that were in a movie, I wouldn't believe it."

www.myspace.com/randeath - me

www.myspace.com/animasana - my band

Here to support the villians.......
Just go and rent Batman Begins.

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
can any1 please tlel me a good movie to rent? im all out of ideas.
Omg...I no dat it doesn't have anthing t d with da thread but...m I da only person dat think it's lame to write like this lol?
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
Originally Posted by MinionTV
*double standard alert*
Uh...excuse me?

Since you like "Memento", I think you should go rent The Machinsit with Christian Bale. It's really well done and has the "Memento" feel to it.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

The Day after Tomorrow - if you're into disaster movies?
Final Destination - I think that's in a similar league to the Butterfly Effect?
Frequency - intrigiung story about links between the past/present
War of the Worlds - Tom Cruise - you know what that's about

Have fun,
"The ultimate dream adventure awaiting humanity..."