George Clooney
37.74%
20 votes
Christian Bale
9.43%
5 votes
Ben Affleck
53 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Bale is catching up on Keaton I see! I recall thinking when I heard Bale had been cast for this role that he was going to be good, based on his performance as Patrick Bateman (clues in the surname really). I think if he'd been more Bateman-esque (minus the murders) in the role as Batman it would have been better.

Victim of The Night
Bale is catching up on Keaton I see! I recall thinking when I heard Bale had been cast for this role that he was going to be good, based on his performance as Patrick Bateman (clues in the surname really). I think if he'd been more Bateman-esque (minus the murders) in the role as Batman it would have been better.
I agree. I suspect it's Nolan's fault but he was the most boring Batman AND Bruce Wayne yet.

So, now that we've established that Keaton is the better Batman, despite being in arguably weaker films, let's talk about why.

Keaton had a madness bubbling beneath the surface. This makes him more interesting as a character and a darker knight. It also explains why the Joker would be so interested in him (there is something there that he identifies with).

Keaton still had a swagger that fit with the quippiness of his character. He was charismatic.

He invented the stupid Batman voice, but at least he didn't sound like a bad imitation of Michael Keaton when he did it. Can we please STOP with the Batman voice now?