Just ask my wife, Morgan Fairchild

Tools    

I finally found one. The 1988 movie Midnight Cop starred Morgan Fairchild. A young me went to the move theater and saw a life size cardboard poster, aka standee, of Morgan in a sexy negligee in the lobby. I wanted that. I was too shy to talk to the manager to see if he might sell it after the movie was gone. I might have watched that movie at the theater but I don't remember. I was not there for that movie. I probably saw the movie on cable. I did go on the internet to look for one. No luck. Over the years, I have searched for it when I see some mention of Morgan. I never even found a picture of what it looked like.

Until yesterday. I found it on eBay. He calls it a standee. I never heard that term before and never searched using that term. The link below shows what it will look like. The seller has a big collection of these standees. The seller says it is a video store display. I assume from when the tape was released. So it might not look like the same one as in the movie theater. Meh, close enough.

It is expensive. $250 total. A big waste of money. But, oh well, I can afford it. I just hate wasting money this way. But I could not resist. To make up for my "sin", I donated $500 to a food bank. It turns out I am the same age as her. Never knew that before. We could both end up in a nursing home tomorrow. And they will take all I have left anyway.

It will be about 10 days before I get it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDNIGHT-CO...0AAOSwoH1fB5FR

For those uncultured people that do not understand my title. (kidding)
It is an internet meme that started from a SNL skit:
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...flanagan/n9611

This is what it will look like:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600x2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	67814  

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have a few of those standees in my collection.

My favorite is a HUGE standee from the movie Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I don't remember the exact size, but it covered almost the entire wall when we set it up, so it was boxed back up and safely packed away in storage.

I bought it at a sci-fi convention many years ago. The seller didn't have room in his car to get it home, so he sold it to me for $50.

If I remember correctly, I think it looks like this one:

Hi MovieChas,

If you collect some more of these you could throw a super happening party like Charles Grodin did...
(Too bad the "Lonely Guy Store" on 81st Street and Lexington Avenue isn't open anymore!)