Imperfect Actors/Actresses

Tools    

Tilda Swinton

She may not be everybody's cup of tea (but that's what this thread's about, right?) but I like Tilda Swinton a lot, and there are movies where's she downright sex on legs (to quote Gideon)!

Tilda Swinton

She may not be everybody's cup of tea (but that's what this thread's about, right?) but I like Tilda Swinton a lot, and there are movies where's she downright sex on legs (to quote Gideon)!
I don't think I'd call her imperfect, just unusual. I found her the most attractive in Broken Flowers.

One for the screen goddesses

Why are they imperfect? They're not, but Hollyweird is not kind to aging actresses.
The fact that they are or aren't imperfect is totally trumped by the fact that they are five f the best actresses in the business.

Had to think who the last one is. Judy Davis.

Michael K. Williams - Understated actor, have never seen him chew scenery or scene steal (on purpose).
Didn't care for his work in the ABC limited series When We Rise, but that was the first and only time Michael K has ever disappointed me...solid actor.

Didn't care for his work in the ABC limited series While We Rise, but that was the first and only time Michael K has ever disappointed me...solid actor.
Just saw the trailer, would you recommend giving it a watch?

Didn't care for his work in the ABC limited series While We Rise, but that was the first and only time Michael K has ever disappointed me...solid actor.
Post-The Wire, he always seems to me to be the same character. Even when he plays a cop as he did in Captive. I would like to see him streeeeeeeetch.

Yep...I think that might be one of the reasons he did When We Raise, to try and break out of that; unfortunately, it was an epic fail. Here's a link to my review of When We Rise if you're interested:

https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/...the-story.html

I don't think I'd call her imperfect, just unusual. I found her the most attractive in Broken Flowers.
I have never found Tilda Swinton attractive in any way, shape, or form, but that doesn't mean she's not a great actress...though I have to admit I have never seen her Oscar winning performance in Michael Clayton, a movie I've tried to watch three separate times but have never gotten more than 15 minutes in.

I have never seen her Oscar winning performance in Michael Clayton, a movie I've tried to watch three separate times but have never gotten more than 15 minutes in.
I’ve been in a coma ever since I tried to watch Michael Clayton.

Originally Posted by SeeingisBelieving
Originally Posted by Gideon58
I have never found Tilda Swinton attractive in any way, shape, or form, but that doesn't mean she's not a great actress...
Well, since this is called "Imperfect Actors/Actresses," I definitely don't think she's perfect, but I do find her strangely attractive in certain movies (of course, not having see all of them). The movies I've found her attractive in are: Orlando (where she magically changes sexes overnight---of course I found the female version fairly hot); The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Even though she's playing a "White Witch," I still found her rather sexy in a non-sexy movie; and the movie I thought she was sexiest in was A Bigger Splash where there was nothing androgynous about her at all---she was all female and super sexy. There are movies I've seen with her in them, but I don't remember how she looked, say like Burn After Reading, then movies like The Grand Budapest Hotel where she was made up to be very old. Anyway, just my opinion. Now can anyone think of another imperfect looking Actor/Actress since this about their looks as established by Sir Toose when he started this thread?

Lauren Hutton. If you remember she had that gap in her front teeth. Probably could have had it fixed easy. Never did. Good for her.

wow never noticed that in the movie American gigolo

Yeah, it's a shame. Faye Dunaway and Jane Fonda are other examples.

I've just been watching her on the extras of Pulp Fiction — Amanda Plummer.
I think Fonda looks great, but Dunaway looks like a science project.