Are DVDs from Classic Movie Reel legit?

Tools    

Hi, all,

There is a movie my brother has been wanting for awhile, and you never see it in any stores. I thought I'd get it for him for his birthday, and it'd be just a quick browse on Amazon and I'd have it for $10 ... well, I was totally wrong. I see a couple on Amazon for $100+, and some used for $49+... I did a search on google and it popped up with Classic Movie Reel, and for $11.95. I, however, have never heard of that site, and am not sure if it's a scam, or if it's selling illegal burned DVDs. Anyone have any idea?

I've had a look at the site... they seem to deal with Public Domain films.

Public Domain means that the ownership and copyright of the movie has expired from the original owner/studio etc.

I'm not big on the law but it sounds like these guys are ligit...

I am looking to purchase Last of the Dogmen for him. I saw it all over for $5 back in the 90s, so I guess I assumed it'd still be out there.

Unavailable as a new release since 2010. It was available before that time but you have to go secondhand if you want a copy.

The licence expired when Carolco Productions went bankrupt.
The movie is currently owned by Savoy Pictures but they have no intention of releasing new DVDs for it so secondhand is the way.

If that site is legit though, you may want to have a look. I had a look at some sites and yes, people are asking extortionate prices for their DVD copies.

Thank you for your help. I am still twiddling my thumbs on whether to try that site, or buy a used copy for $40+. I really don't need a scam, or an illegal DVD, but I really don't want to pay $40 odd plus shipping for a used DVD.

I am kicking myself a little, though. I used to have a DVD copy of it, that I watched maybe once. It's not a bad movie; I liked it because of the mysterious tribe. I was going to move to another country where my ex's family were from, so I sold a lot of DVDs in a yard sale, and that was one of them. This was 3 years ago - not too long before that stopped making them. *kicks self* Whoah. lol

It's avaliable brand new on DVD here in the UK, for only £4.00 too. This is where multi region players come in nice and handy because unfortunately it's not a region free disc.

I think your best bet for an actual DVD(not a made copy like it sounds like on that website) is second hand shops, charity shops and markets/car boot sales. Or do a deal with Akatemple.

In this link on our Amazon British site, someone is selling a used dvd for £17.95, so that's about $28 instead of $40 at least, but don't know what the postage would be to America or if that trader posts to America, but have a look since it's the American region 1 disc:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used

they don't even cost all that much more, but I think you can even tweek standard players?

Is Classic Movie Reel legit? is more to the point. I have been waiting over 3 months for a DVD and they have not replied toany of my three queries as to where it is.

Don't ever buy from classicmoviereels, this site is still online for shoddy buisness deals of dvds unviewable. He uses photo copy labels for thin dvd cases. dvds are burned from VHS movie titles and/ or tv. Others have gotten titles never ordered or recieved by buyer. The BBB graded them F from A-F grading. Warning to all getting old classic movies is popular today , millions looking for them to buy. The online crooks know of the great demand for them & setting up bogus web sites for golden oldies, classics from 1930 to 1950s. Even the tv series " The Rifleman" all seasons was found on a web for sale. Two seasons of it hasn't been release to the public. Amazon, Walmart, TCM all well honest sellers of dvds. Use guidelines before buying from bad sites. Google the BBB, scam dvds sellers or google oldies, golden age dvds,. The questionable ones will show up. Always get a phone numbers especially when a site says will only respond by e-mail for customer complaints. That there is a high sign of crooks. Get verification of buisness address. People get sucked in by low prices or available rare titles & web site looks professional. I'm just trying to help others who enjoy dvd movies. Spread word about classicmoviereels, they also use different email addresses. & locations.
Sincerely Imre,

I just reported ClassicMovieReel.com to the cyber crime unit of the FBI. At best, these scumbags are selling bootleg crap and are dealing in intellectual property theft. I should have known better than to order something I KNEW was not available legitimately, but I hoped... This site is a scam. . . . Please report their shenanigans to the cyber crime unit of the FBI. . . .

ic3. gov/default.aspx

Just put the . gov together and report them.

Nope, not legit. Very shady. Selling bootlegs. If you love movies, please watch legitimately!

Classic Movie Reels (be warned)

I just a week ago, purchased 2 movies for approximately $25.00 I was so excited, because I could not find them anywhere on DVD. I received them (hallmark movies) - Santa Matchmaker - Christmas Incorporated. Well guess what?

These DVD's were taped directly from the Hallmark channel.
Quality was not up to standard.

Guess what, they edited the movies, taking out the commercials, but they did such a bad job of editing, there were times when a 2 second clip of the commercial, was not removed.

Guess what, on Christmas Incorporated, they accidentally during the editing, cut out a scene and dialog.
te
It's gets better, I spoke to their Customer Service person, Shelby. Stated my dissatisfaction, told her I returning the DVD's and expecting a full refund. Told her I paid for complete movies, not scenes and dialog missing.

Guess what, the United States Post Office was unable to deliver my return to their Arizona facility. I then, investigated, and Classic Movie Reels had to send a "vendor" to the USPS to pick up the item.

Guess what, then Shelby stated the DVD's were damaged? What? Somebody watched the movies, and that goes against there return policy. Hello, did not I make myself clear, as to why I was returning the DVD's in perfection condition mind you.

I am now out of $25, not too mention the shipping costs to return the item. I am so frustrated, I have now requested I speak directly with the Owner, but Shelby has not provided that information to me.

It's 2020, when you purchase a product that is substandard, and there is no disclaimer as to the fact that these movies were taped from Hallmark directly, include commercials, and are missing dialog and scenes.

Don't you think the CUSTOMER has a right to return them and expect a complete refund. I hope I get my Refund, but honestly, I think they are more concerned about making money rather than the customer. I keep you posted.

Buyers beware - I would not recommend anyone purchase a DVD from Classic Movie Reels. I contacted Hallmark, but they did not seem concerned that Classic Movies Reels taped their program.