"Ripping" DVDS...

Tools    

Originally Posted by Nitzer
i thought all you need is a dvd burner?
If You want to make backup copies of your dvds, you not only need a dvd burner but a program that can decrypt the encrypted copywrite movies. Any program just wont do.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Escape
If You want to make backup copies of your dvds, you not only need a dvd burner but a program that can decrypt the encrypted copywrite movies. Any program just wont do.
Are those programs available over the net?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Loner
Where else would you get them?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Where else would you get them?
Where on the net?

Originally Posted by Loner
Um, you can get trials over the net. It will allow you to copy around 3 movies then it will cease to work. You have to buy the actual program for that. The best program i know that copies most dvds with special features and all is the "DVD Xcopy Platinum". You get the odd one that doesn't copy but all in all it's worth it. I actually saw it in future shop with the dvd rescue included for around 50 bucks canadien. I think 321 studios is out of business(legal problems) so i'm not sure how long they will be on the shelves.

Of cours this is only to make backup copies of your own DVDs right boys.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
I have ripped in the past but for back up purposes and it can be done using freeware
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

I'm like some of the above. I have way too big of a DVD collection to have it ruined by some "fake." I do back up all of my DVDs though, just in case I ever happened to lose a DVD or they somehow get scratched. That hasn't happened yet but I'm taking precautions. The only DVD I have ripped that I do not own was Without a Paddle because it was a decent movie but I would never buy it.

Originally Posted by Godsend
Do you rip movies currently or have you ever?
I have ripped my (how do I say) unwanted movies onto DVD-R, and sold the originals at Movie Trading Company. I needed the money then. That's about it.

Originally Posted by Escape

I use a program called Slysoft that can do just that. It's amazing. I got mine off the net as well yet, you need a certain code and serial # and whatnot. Somebody I knew a long time got me passed all that.

i dont see the problem with ripping,the ****in things are so expensive and the money you give goes to "questionable" sources **cough *george bush* cough**

i rip all the time and i dont think i will ever stop

dvd shrink is my favorite software,you get high quality compressed video and you can chose multiple options with region codes and whatnot