Counterpart

Tools    

"Counterpart tells the story of Howard Silk (Simmons), a lowly cog in a bureaucratic UN agency who is turning the last corner of a life filled with regret, when he discovers the agency he works for is guarding a secret: a crossing to a parallel dimension. Through Howard and his “counterpart” on the other side, the show will navigate themes of identity, idealism, what ifs, and lost love." - wikipedia

I enjoyed the show. I'm a sucker for anything with parallel universes. It was good writing and good acting, led by J.K. Simmons. Come to think of it we may not have remembered to finish watching the first season. So we'll check that, then start the second. Thanks for the heads-up.

~Doc

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm caught up with this (season 2, episode 5 is the last one, with episode 6 due on Sunday, the 20th). I've been enjoying it so far, and they do a good job of transitioning from one world to the other … well, I haven't been *overly* confused yet.

I am really enjoying the fun use of 1980s-type technology amid current smartphones and other high tech. Seeing how the two worlds have diverged is remaining fascinating... and now that I'm hip-deep in season 2, it still does not disappoint. The plot twists are all solid, and the characters are getting more fascinating. And just when you think they've explored the parallel universe idea enough, they keep adding new layers.

So far, so good. Simmons is just brilliant in both his roles. Actually, everyone playing two roles is marvelous. I appreciated finally seeing Peter's "other" this season too. Won't say more until you guys catch up.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Anyone who's still watching this but who is behind on current episodes, please catch up. I just watched tonight's episode (season 2, episode 6, "Twin Cities"): WOW! Definitely the most fascinating one of the series so far!

Keep watching! Catch up!