Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Do you read books then get a refund? Is that some kind of bookshop scheme?
Amazon.com (kindle books) allows customers 7 days to obtain a refund. I usually know immediately if the book is not for me. Sometimes it takes a couple of days.

@Stirchley ah right. I didn't know that. I don't have a kindle so I was imagining actual books being sent back.
I was thinking of reading the Marie Colvin book, what did you not like about it?

Amazon also refunds on actual paper books too. Before I switched to Kindle, I returned many books to Amazon for a refund. A palaver though since you have to buy a mailing envelope & pay for postage.

I plan to watch the movie about Marie Colvin, but I was not sufficiently interested in her as a person to get far into the book.

Buried inside this hyper-prolix book is the kernel of an excellent story, which I didn’t have the patience to search for. Returned for refund.

I'm currently reading Adrian Harte's Faith No More book, Small Victories. I highly recommend this book to any fan of this band.

First time I have disliked anything by this author. Returned for refund.

Couldn’t make heads or tails of this book. Returned for refund.

Ternet Ninja (Checkered Ninja)

Coming of age story for the young generation written by the biggest danish comedian. Super fun, raunchy, politically incorrect and satirically awesome. Filled with dark humor and faul language. Loved it.

Y’all probably don’t know **** about this, but there’s a movie too. You can watch that.

An SF novel following a soldier fighting a war in space..I think the writer achieved all he has set out to do, but it didn't really grip me. I was reading it with just mild interest as to what happens next. I really liked the ending. I would give it 5/10, it would be a higher grade if it wasn't for the homophobia.

City of Glass by Paul Auster - 7/10
A writer of detective novels imagines he’s the real thing and gets wrapped up in an odd case. A detective story that flirts with a bit of surrealism. It’s easy to read, short, and quick to engage, but not too eventful. The eccentric dialogues were my favorite bits.

So moved by this book that I've kept it to read again in future. I don't do this very often now having had a massive book clearout when I moved house in the Spring last year. It was so brutal I only kept about 100 books which are the books of my heart.

Early Xth century giritty Hungarian / Magyar blood soaked and immoral adventure book. Book 1 out of four.

There is barely any historical fiction out there about nomadic horse archers.

My bad, at minimum 7 /10/

Accessory to War by Neil Degrasse Tyson

Pretty good book when I look at it as a whole. There were some parts that went back a bit too far in history for me. I think I'm supposed to be smarter after reading it, but I feel more confused now about some subjects haha

So moved by this book that I've kept it to read again in future. I don't do this very often now having had a massive book clearout when I moved house in the Spring last year. It was so brutal I only kept about 100 books which are the books of my heart.
About 10 years ago I tore through my library & got rid of all softcover books. I like hardcovers so much better though now I mostly read with Kindle.

Briefly, what is this book about?

I don’t want to spoilery it @Stirchley but it’s about a soldier in Iraq and events that leave him a broken man. it’s told in beautifully poetic prose. Written by a guy who served in Iraq makes it even more powerful