Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

El silencio de la ciudad blanca (2019) aka Twin Murders: The Silence of the White City is quite weak film about police chasing a serial killer in Spain. I've definitely finished much worse movies than this but didn't feel like plodging through this today. And why on earth do they reveal the murderer 1/3 into the film?

And why on earth do they reveal the murderer 1/3 into the film?
Self-awareness perhaps, to save anyone unnecessarily plodding through the rest of it??

i dont have patience for this middle age kakkoi otoko-ness/masculinity or whatever.
And i think takakura screen presence just meh. I wonder if can stand his movie with yoji yamada

Di je Karlo?
In Bruges (2008) - it was recommended to me so many times as a great crime-comedy, but it's terrible. The writing is so tone-deaf and cringy. You can't have a scene in which a character remembers the time he accidentally killed a child, and end it on a joke. Especially if the joke isn't funny.
I had to switch it off before it gave me asperger's

Ghastly movie. Gratuitous violence, including scenes of rape. Aisling Franciosi excellent in her rôle, but everyone else was a caricature.

A thrilling & strange true story turned into a mediocre movie. The original documentary Deep Water is so much better.

Birds Of Prey: The Fant.. I'm not saying it

When Harley jumps on a mans legs and breaks them horrifically, a bunch of woman sitting at a nearby table find it the most hilarious thing in the world, is this what happens in New York.. oh sorry Gotham.. is it gotham?

Maybe if they had somebody younger and hotter playing Quinn I might have been more into this for those reasons and those reasons alone.
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Welcome to the human race...
I mean, they're in a villain's nightclub and the guy in question was being a scumbag even by those standards so...yeah, I can imagine that happening.

Also lol at "this movie would've been better if it starred someone hotter than Margot Robbie" - even by this thread's standards, that's a ridiculous take.

What I learned from reading this thread: Stirchley never finishes.
This thread is basically her film log.

Maybe if they had somebody younger and hotter playing Quinn I might have been more into this for those reasons and those reasons alone.
Eye of the beholder and all that, but I think Margot Robbie is one of the hottest women on the planet, and most people I know with adequate vision seem to agree with me.

The problem isn’t that Margot Robbie isn’t hot. The problem is she’s too hot.

She never convinces me as Harley Quinn. She’s too cute and not mental enough.

Might have been a decent movie (though I doubt it), but the lack of subtitles was infuriating. Why does a company release a movie without subtitles in this day & age?

Brutti, sporchi e cattivi (1976) seemed like a decent tragicomedy. I tried to watch it from our public TV's streaming service but after 40 minutes or so the subtitles vanished (and after some skipping they seemingly never return). No sense in watching Italian movies without subs as I only recognize a few words.

Taxi Driver (1976)

I started watching it just because of all the comparisons being drawn to Joker from this. I stopped watching because it was pretty comparable, and I wasn't a fan of Joker.

I liked this better than Joker, and it would probably end up somewhere around a
if I finished it, but these types of movies don't draw me in. I read the complete plot online, and it wraps up about how I would expect.