Actors who can do much better, but keep picking crappy roles

Tools    

I’ve seen Hardy in these roles & he was terrific. I would imagine he was good in Dunkirk also.
His role in Dunkirk is hilarious coz you can tell he took it knowing he'd be the biggest star power and he's the big hero in it. He barely says a word or even moves though, his role is basically serious looking dude inside a Spitfire. His last scene is incredible admittedly and so is the whole idea of him throughout though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Another is Taylor Kitsch, even though I quite liked Lone Survivor.
Well he was terrific in FNL & True Detective. He will be starring in a new HBO show about the Waco disaster.

The "Waco" mini-series is already airing on The Paramount Network. It started around the last week of January, and it's aired four episodes already, (one episode every Wednesday for the last few weeks).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_(miniseries)

The truth is in here
Cameron Diaz is the first name that popped into my head on this subject...this girl has talent, but she keeps doing crap like Sex Tape and Bad Teacher...seriously?
I wouldn't say "keep". She hasn't had a role in 4 years

I haven't seen Matt Smith in anything since Doctor Who so perhaps it's slightly unfair to criticise what I haven't experienced, but he keeps being cast in the most unlikely of roles. This week it's Charles Manson, prior to that it was Prince Philip. Now, I rate him extremely highly as an actor but I don't think he's that much of a chameleon and I wonder where the casting directors' heads are.

A part I did think he was great for was Mr Collins in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

I'm hopeful he'll get something really good again in the future.

This might just do nobody any good.
If we’re fanboy-ing a bit - Peter Dinklage.

Oh, and Idris Elba. He’s got a Cary Grant-esque quality that’s getting wasted in geek projects.

Now that I think about it, I think Jamie Foxx belongs here too...other than Django Unchained, the guy really hasn't done a decent movie since winning his Oscar.

What crappy roles has Ben Kingsley done in your opinion?
I watched Without a Clue again over Christmas and it's not so much that he's bad, he's actually quite funny, but the film itself is much weaker than I remembered.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Cage used to be a solid actor. Some of my favourites of his acting:

Herzog helped him to reach his b̶e̶s̶t̶ cagiest again in 2009:
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Cameron Diaz is the first name that popped into my head on this subject...this girl has talent, but she keeps doing crap like Sex Tape and Bad Teacher...seriously?
Cameron Diaz cannot act. Those roles are perfect for her.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Jeremy Renner, excellent in Hurt Locker and The Town, them went on quite a poor run, Avengers films, mission impossible, Bourne etc.

He has bounced back recently with Arrival and Wind River.

Punch-Drunk Love shows that Adam Sandler actually has talent but for whatever reason he constantly decides to squander it by doing sh*t like Pixels and Jack & Jill.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Another is Taylor Kitsch, even though I quite liked Lone Survivor.
Have you watch the mini-series Waco he's currently staring in?

Well he was terrific in FNL & True Detective. He will be starring in a new HBO show about the Waco disaster.
Its on now its on the Paramount network, formerly Spike.

f.a.s.s.b.e.n.d.e.r
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Welcome to the human race...
Johnny Depp - I know what you're all thinking, "He's lost it by now, he's just a hack". But I just refuse to believe that's true. The only problem is the roles he currently pick are either boring or too similiar to what he did before. Also, he seems to be a little too self-indulgent. In films like Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Edward Scissorhands, What's Eating Gilbert Grape and especially Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, you didn't see him as "that guy Johnny Depp". He were those characters.
Fortunately for you, that wasn't what I was thinking - instead, I was thinking "he's a wife-beater so f*ck him either way". Besides, it sounds like the self-indulgence would lead to him screwing up a good role anyway and there's no way he could go back to disappearing into roles like he did 20 years and 5 Pirates movies ago.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Always wanted to see Dean Winters do something dramatic. Was a huge fan of his back in Oz.

Its on now its on the Paramount network, formerly Spike.
Rats. Why did I think it was on HBO? Guess I won’t be watching it then.