The X-Files 2

Tools    

The best was the one with the glow in the dark bugs in the woods with the lumber jacks... That was my favorite odd show that had nothing to do with the main story line.

The best was the one with the glow in the dark bugs in the woods with the lumber jacks... That was my favorite odd show that had nothing to do with the main story line.
That is one of my favorites, as well. Also, the episode Ice, even though it uses quite a bit of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Nice. Thanks jrs. I can't wait either. I suppose I'll have to though. Wait that is...

Why did they have to put a rapper in it? He might be good, but the track record of singers and movies isnt so good...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=1055&item=1

since JRS' link is dead

I think there's already a thread for this, the film is already finished, and it comes out this summer!

But me, I'm excited for it, yeah.
The as of yet Untitled X Files Sequel is actually still in post-production. It's official USA release is July 25th.

Colour out of Time
Thanks Lennon.

Does anyone know when it is set, directly after the series finished ???

"X-Files" creator Chris Carter, writer Frank Spotnitz and other crew members gathered recently to discuss the TV series — and declassify some information about the upcoming film.

"While this is not a mythology movie, it's true to everything that's come before," Spotnitz said at the William S. Paley Television Festival. "It's true to Mulder and Scully, who they are and where they would be this point in their lives and all of the experiences that they've had."

"X-Files" creator Chris Carter, writer Frank Spotnitz and other crew members gathered Wednesday to discuss the TV series — and declassify some information about the upcoming film.

"While this is not a mythology movie, it's true to everything that's come before," Spotnitz said at the William S. Paley Television Festival. "It's true to Mulder and Scully, who they are and where they would be this point in their lives and all of the experiences that they've had."

Carter, who also directs the new movie, said it takes place in the present and uses a story envisioned when the series ended. While the show's sprawling alien mythology isn't part of the plot, Carter said there is a reference to Scully's seemingly supernatural son, William, who was born in season eight and later given up for adoption.

He is however tightlipped about the title.

"I can't tell you," he said. "I know what I want it to be, but Fox has some ideas of their own."
Source: Newsvine

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The title is now, X-files: I want to Believe

story is as follows:

Director and co-writer Chris Carter has revealed that the title for the new "X-Files" movie will be The X-Files: I Want to Believe. 20th Century Fox signed off on the title Wednesday.

The title is a familiar phrase for fans of the series that starred David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as FBI agents chasing after aliens and supernatural happenings. "I Want to Believe" was the slogan on a poster Duchovny's UFO-obsessed agent Fox Mulder had hanging in the cluttered basement office where he and Anderson's Dana Scully worked.

"It's a natural title," Carter said. "It's a story that involves the difficulties in mediating faith and science. 'I Want to Believe.' It really does suggest Mulder's struggle with his faith."

Carter said he settled on "I Want to Believe" from the time he and co-writer Frank Spotnitz started on the screenplay. It took so long to go public with it because studio executives wanted to make sure it was a marketable title, he said.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe hits theaters on July 25. Don't miss our new Vancouver set report
here
source is linked

Complete update

Director and co-writer Chris Carter has revealed that the title for the new "X-Files" movie will be The X-Files: I Want to Believe.

The title is a familiar phrase for fans of the series that starred David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as FBI agents chasing after aliens and supernatural happenings. "I Want to Believe" was the slogan on a poster Duchovny's UFO-obsessed agent Fox Mulder had hanging in the cluttered basement office where he and Anderson's Dana Scully worked.

"It's a natural title," Carter said. "It's a story that involves the difficulties in mediating faith and science. 'I Want to Believe.' It really does suggest Mulder's struggle with his faith."

Carter said he settled on "I Want to Believe" from the time he and co-writer Frank Spotnitz started on the screenplay. It took so long to go public with it because studio executives wanted to make sure it was a marketable title, he said.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe
is a stand-alone story in the tradition of some of the show's most acclaimed and beloved episodes, and takes the complicated relationship between Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions. Mulder continues his unshakable quest for the truth, and Scully, the passionate, ferociously intelligent physician, remains inextricably tied to Mulder's pursuits.
Source: ComingSoon