Television Tab

Tools    

love sons...i missed the second season..no cable..and i think its on my netflix list..but...the list is about 250 dvds long, so whos to say if i will even see it before the 4th season starts...

i dont know if there is a 4th...but im hopeing..

As they're both tv fodder, I'll post them here rather than create a thread. Although the first one could probably go in the "Stupid Stories" thread. What a horrid idea.

Miss Marple garners young makeover

Agatha Christie's famous elderly sleuth Miss Marple is to get a shock makeover - Jennifer Garner (pictured below) is the surprise choice to play the iconic character in Disney's modern day re-invention of the series.

Instead of the mature spinster who solves crimes in an English village, the revamped version will star Hollywood beauty Garner, 38. It's not yet known if the film's setting will be in America or the UK.

Actresses who have played the sleuth include Dame Margaret Rutherford, Gracie Fields and Joan Hickson. Angela Lansbury also played the heroine in 1980's 'The Mirror Crack'd' alongside Dame Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and Tony Curtis.

'Twin Peaks' screenwriter Mark Frost will be on writing duties for the re-invention of one of the most famous fictional sleuths ever created. According to the LA Times, Disney are "looking to do a contemporary version with an edge".

While some fans of the much loved character will be up in arms over the decision to go younger for Miss Marple, Warner Bros' recent attempt to re-invent another fictional detective for a new generation was a huge success. 'Sherlock Holmes' was a hit with both fans of the series and newcomers. A sequel will be released at the end of the year.

Garner will reportedly act as producer on the movie as well.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/arti...-makeover.html

Let's face it, this isn't Miss Marple and, surely, connecting it with her is enough to put the built-in audience off.

Cult cop show set for reboot

A movie version of cult 70s show 'The Professionals' is in the works.

The hit British show starred Lewis Collins and Martin Shaw (pic) as Bodie and Doyle as two hard-as-nails agents who chased criminals in their Ford Capri. Gordon Jackson played the chief of fictional force CI5.

The reboot will chart the first meeting of Bodie and Doyle while on their first mission, according to reports. Fans hoping for a 70's period setting will be disappointed as it is set to be a modern day makeover.

The big screen version will be overseen by Callum McDougall who worked on the recent 'James Bond's starring Daniel Craig.

Producer, Richard Whelan, raved, "To take this Seventies TV classic and launch it on to the big screen, is a dream come true."

Lionsgate UK chief Zygi Kamasa said, "“We really felt there was an opportunity for a bigger British action film. The ambition is to make a powerful commercial movie with the best of British talent.”

While no one has been cast as yet, names like Jason Statham, Gerard Butler and 'Inception' star Tom Hardy have already been rumoured for Bodie and Doyle, while Ray Winstone and Gary Oldman are reportedly in the running to play their Scottish boss George Cowley.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/29032011/...-reboot-0.html

This will probably end up in The Sweeney remake hell. Very C21st casting suggestions. Original age gap between Bodie/Doyle and Cowley, 20+ years. Two of the three 'new cast' age gap, 10 years.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just watched the first series of Spaced, and I loved that. I was already a Simon Pegg fan from his films Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Paul, and Star Trek, and I loved him in this, too. I also liked Jessica Stevenson, who is kind of adorable.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I've always found Jessica Stevenson very attractive. However, I didn't like Spaced, probably because I don't find Simon Pegg funny. A few Jessica clips.

&feature=related

miss californication
miss shamless

waiting for the next season...

saw the new seires on stars..camelot..pretty good
saw the new series on showtime...borgias..kinda liked it

just got done with the other half of entourage season 4
second half of season five of sex and the city

true life
breakout kings...it stupid, but its a last opiton before i watch actual tv
all about aubrey.....
justified
used to watch lights out...but for some reason, i never turned it back on
desperate housewives
no ordinary family
body of proof

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Justin,

What do you think about Being Human the American version? Have you watched the British one? If so how would you compare and contrast them?

Moviegoddess,

Did you enjoy No Ordinary Family? My daughter and I certainly did.

My husband and I are barely hanging on with V. Lot's of promise but it never seems to really live up it.

A system of cells interlinked

My husband and I are barely hanging on with V. Lot's of promise but it never seems to really live up it.
Where are you in the series? There were certainly more than enough events and twists in the last few episodes of season 2... Up until then though, I agree, the show wasn't really going anywhere...

Sedai,

We are up to date on the show. Of course it's nothing like the older versions which were so much better then, though now, they are clearly dated.

yes i do like no ordinary family...i missed a little bit of it after i got cable..but now its on demand.

i liked the mom [i do forget her name now] in dexter, and one of my fav movies jawbreakers...

big fan of the shield, "conrad' [i also forget his name] had me laughing on weeds..

at first i was like a whole hour??!!! who watches hour long shows during the week??!!! but i love the time now, and am always suprised how fast its over..

yes i do like no ordinary family...i missed a little bit of it after i got cable..but now its on demand.

i liked the mom [i do forget her name now] in dexter, and one of my fav movies jawbreakers...

big fan of the shield, "conrad' [i also forget his name] had me laughing on weeds..

at first i was like a whole hour??!!! who watches hour long shows during the week??!!! but i love the time now, and am always suprised how fast its over..
I knew I liked that guy but I didn't connect him with Weeds! Cool.

I didn't like Darla on Buffy or Angel but I liked the actress a great deal on Dexter. (She's much more likable btw, than the character in the book. Interesting contrasts between the book world and character and the TV world and characters for the concept.)

She was great on this show. I loved, loved, loved the actress that played Katie!

No. I meant to, but missed the first episode. I'll have to catch it the next time it runs. Glad that you're enjoying it, though, Christine. I have heard that it's very good.

Spent the last few days watching episodes of Friends, Cybill and Veronica's Closet as well as catching up with Brothers & Sisters, Battlestar Galactica, last weeks The 10 O'Clock Show and The Event.

yeah try and catch up with it Hon. I'm a big fan of Victorian/gothic stories, even those that verge of melodrama so I'm loving this. The acting is brilliant too.

I've been finishing watching Boardwalk Empire and nearly at the end of Treme too. Did you watch Game of Thrones? I went with the hype and watched the first one even though fantasy isn't really my thing. It was ok, I'll watch another one just to see how it pans out.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
OMG! OMG! Honeykid, it is official. We are polar opposites.

(Not thinking Simon Pegg is funny.... how can this be?)

Christine -- the book, Game of Thrones, is pretty compelling. Stick with the show a few episodes; the talk is that the series is good and I know the book was very interesting. It doesn't even seem like a fantasy...it's really The Sopranos -- it's all about power.

I've been finishing watching Boardwalk Empire and nearly at the end of Treme too. Did you watch Game of Thrones? I went with the hype and watched the first one even though fantasy isn't really my thing. It was ok, I'll watch another one just to see how it pans out.
I have the last 3 episodes of Boardwalk Empire to watch. I didn't bother with Treme (after trying (and failing) to watch the first episode) and there was little to no chance of me watching Game Of Thrones.

Finally stopped watching House a couple of episodes back. TBH, had it not been for Cuddy, I'd have stopped watching a couple of seasons back. It's not that it's bad or anything, it's just that I watch so much, that anything I can drop just helps things along. Besides, I've watched last season and this whilst on the computer, as the programme on its own really isn't enough to hold my attention and, as it's so formulaic, you miss almost nothing just from listening to it.

Really enjoyed Neighbours for the past couple of days, though.

Hon, you been watching The Crimson Petal and The White? it's fab!

wait..wait..wait, i didnt know there was a show!!!! i loved the book, which network is showing it????

i am diggin on this game of thornes...they sure dragged it out enough, but finally one nite, bored by chance looked on HBO ondemand and there it was..

havnt watched to much else, once sweeps are here, everything will be back.

desperate housewives was new, but everything else looks like repeats..boo.