What is Love?

Tools    

Ah, the age old question. Pondered by legendary philosophers such as Aristotle and Haddaway.

Obviously, it's going to mean different things to different people, and moreover, there are many different kinds of love. Still, of all the famous quotes trying to put the most intense human emotion into words, this one has always come nearest to the truth for me (the underlined part is my own):

"Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence."
-- Edmond and Jules de Goncourt

The People's Republic of Clogher
Live is that sick feeling you get in the put of your stomach while still being able to gaze into someone's eyes and smile for hours on end.

If you break, they'll be there to fix it. If they break you'll happily sacrifice everything to fix them.

That slight feeling of panic when you wake up in an empty bed....yeah I still get it.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
"...oh baby, don't hurt me...don't hurt me no more..."

On a serious note, What is Love is a song by the group Haddaway that was made popular by the Chris Kattan/Will Ferrell movie Night at the Roxbury.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Love is waking up at 6 in the morning to catch a train for one hour into the city to have coffee with someone before they start work.

did not get that video!!!

i would not know what love feels like cuz i have never been in( boyfriend love)

but i think you should be bestfriends with someone, and know everything about them

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Live is that sick feeling you get in the put of your stomach while still being able to gaze into someone's eyes and smile for hours on end.

If you break, they'll be there to fix it. If they break you'll happily sacrifice everything to fix them.

That slight feeling of panic when you wake up in an empty bed....yeah I still get it.
exactly

"You can't start it like a car
You can't stop it with a gun..."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Randomly visiting for now
I sometimes think people see love as dependending totally on somebody. The whole 'you complete me' attitude means that if that person you 'love' were somehow not around (sickness, break-up ect..) then you would fall to pieces. If our partner becomes our source of happiness then if we have a fight with them or get angry with them it will affect everything else in our lives. Does love mean your love has to become the centre of your universe?

Maybe there's another kind of love? A love that comes out of being able to be happy without that person, but then meeting that person makes you even happier. Prior to meeting my special girl I learned how to be open with close friends or family about pretty much anything, how to have heaps of fun with friends apart from having a girlfriend. No single person can make your life full of joy because ultimately they aren't perfect. True love as i've found it to be isn't temporary or fleeting, isn't about making that person the centre of your universe, but rather for me it's a longlasting closeness with her that makes everything i enjoy so much more enjoyable. Even with her faults and her ability to make me feel as tiny as a mouse, she makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside whenever i see her. To feel so safe and calm when she's nearby is a real comfort. I see it like two people who are complete and happy in and of themselves, joining together like two streams making a rushing river. Propelling each other forward in the same direction.

I'm thinking out loud a bit here, but yeah that's what i reckon.

I sometimes think people see love as dependending totally on somebody. The whole 'you complete me' attitude means that if that person you 'love' were somehow not around (sickness, break-up ect..) then you would fall to pieces. If our partner becomes our source of happiness then if we have a fight with them or get angry with them it will affect everything else in our lives. Does love mean your love has to become the centre of your universe?

I'm thinking out loud a bit here, but yeah that's what i reckon.
I like the way you think I say to my clients, they need to work on being happy without a partner, if someone comes along, they become a bonus to their life, not their life

"Love is A Battlefield" Pat Benatar
Yes i just went there.

Love is the ultimate restriction while simultaneously being the ultimate freedom.

Love is an extreme and its never a balance. Love will make you do the most courageous things, love will make you do the dumbest things that this world can offer you.

Love can fill your day to where nothing can bring it down, love can also destroy your life or possibly end it.

What is love? Its the most unbalanced legal drug in the world today in which everybody is an addict.

Welcome to the human race...
"Falling in love is the ultimate act of revolution, of resistance to today's tedious, socially restrictive, culturally constrictive, humanly meaningless world." -- The CrimethInc. Ex-Workers' Collective

Why should I tell you?