Good VS Entertaining

Tools    

the only movie that comes to my mind when thinking "good, but not entertaining" is American History X. its a very powerful movie that everyone should see and i really like it but i would never watch it again because its not entertaining. i think a good description would be "Entertaining = comedy, thriller, action / Good = drama"

Originally Posted by yeshli2nuts
i think a good description would be "Entertaining = comedy, thriller, action / Good = drama"
I don't think so. Those genres you listed can be enjoyed or disliked by anyone. You must have not read over the previous posts I made because if you would have you would realize how fast people will respond with a typical comment about how they're the exception and that they liked a movie people disliked, or vice versa [Why does everyone want to be the exception?]. With that in mind, I'd like to go back to what I said earlier. Saying a movie was 'Good' would be in refference to it's technical qualities - cinematography, lighting, costume, sound, etc. Saying a movie was 'Entertaining' would be to comment on it's general ammusment - Demolition Man.

I now will list movies that weren't well done enough to be classics, more along the lines of cult classics and are just fun to watch and not try to understand and have a deep discussion afterwords. Make sense? If not tell me and I'll try to explain.

Almost Heroes
Wagons East
Frogs
Big Trouble in Little China (AWESOME MOVIE)
Remo Williams: the Adventure Begins
McHale's Navy
the Last Dragon
Hercules in New York
Alien vs. Predator

. . .to name a few.
And found he was eating his shoe.